Florence+ the machine

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if someone knows she's playing this year they would know if she's headlining or not, or am I just being really naive?

I'm sure someone does.

The person who told me she was playing only told me that she was playing.

Whether he asked who told him she was playing whether she was headlining I don't know. Whether the person who told him knows where she's playing I don't know.

I mailed straight back to ask these questions but haven't heard anything more. If I do I'll let you know.

Oh go on, give her a headline shot!

If we keep recycling headliners and not pushing new acts up to headliner status it will be the death of the festival, Flo is very popular atm and will draw a big enough crowd. Plenty of acts have headlined with only 2 albums.

Not really a risk as shes popular with a lot of people, plus she has enough songs to make up a full set, and of course sits well with Fest Republic after Latitude 2 years back. I'd say they give her a shot, although Blur would have been better of course.

I think you guys are right

Personally i don't want to see Flo headlining, but its good that we have a festival that is pushing newer bands to the top, instead of recycling the same old stuff e.g. V Festival having Killers 3 times in 6 years, Sonisphere having Metallica twice in 3 years and Download having Deff Leppard twice in 3 years

They took a bit of a risk on Arcade Fire and it undoubtedly paid off, just unfortunately it didn't with MCR

Flo was something in Time magazines top 100 influential people in the world, and if she's even bigger in a few years then booking her as headliner should pay off