Announcement before Wednesday 25th January

Guest dip

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FNM are my favourite band and even I don't think they'd be big enough to headline the Apollo stage. They are subs at best, maybe headline the Saturn stage at a push.

Do we have any proof that G n R, Queen and FNM are playing? We seem to be making some pretty big assumptions if not.

FNM are my favourite band and even I don't think they'd be big enough to headline the Apollo stage. They are subs at best, maybe headline the Saturn stage at a push.

Do we have any proof that G n R, Queen and FNM are playing? We seem to be making some pretty big assumptions if not.

Edited by jump

I don't think basing the Sonisphere line up on the European bookings is the way to go, otherwise we'd have Metallica and Soundgarden which we know to be impossible.

Queen with Adam Lambert? Wow that will suck all kinds of meat. I'll still go though as Knebworth is 20 minutes drive from my house.

Already bought my Download ticket too!

Personal preferences .... but i reckon the Darkness would be a superb festival band.

Saw them at Cambridge recently and they put on a fantastic gig. Imagine them subbing for Queen ....yes, it'd all bit very cheesey and more than a tad camp .... but it'd be a fantastic festival experience.

I am now sitting tight waiting for the abuse .........

Personal preferences .... but i reckon the Darkness would be a superb festival band.

Saw them at Cambridge recently and they put on a fantastic gig. Imagine them subbing for Queen ....yes, it'd all bit very cheesey and more than a tad camp .... but it'd be a fantastic festival experience.

I am now sitting tight waiting for the abuse .........

I don't understand...

Queen and Guns & Roses headlining Sonisphere both without (arguably) their main man?

I wouldn't mind seeing G&R but Queen to me would be a bit wrong, if they're going to do shows with Adam Lambert it should be an individual Queen show, not headlining festivals.

Anyway, by the sound of things, Slash will be announcing some Euro dates soon so I would guess he'll be at either Soni or Download in next weeks announcements.

I don't like Queen with Adam Lambert as a headliner, but don't really get all those negative comments about this dude. He's got a voice, he can sing, remaining members of Queen chose him, that's all right with me. No one can sing like Freddie, but if May and Taylor think he's ok, let him do the job. Yes, he was in American Idol but it's a completely different thing to UK x factor. Another level.