The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

9 minutes ago, viberunner said:

Your country voted Brexit and you're the person who hates the idea of Scotland joining the EU.

PMSL. :lol: 

I don't hate the idea (any different to brexit, anyway).

I'm pointing out that it would be doubling-down on the idiocy of brexit.

We kicked Farage out of Scotland... your country destroyed my country on his behalf.

You've got your own sovereignty liars and morons. I suggest a mirror.

Edited by eFestivals

15 minutes ago, viberunner said:

your country destroyed my country on his behalf.

Really? Without the Scottish brexiters there would be no brexit.

You know, 4 in 10 Scots.

Meanwhile "your" region voted to abide by UK votes, while your glorious leader said that Scottish votes were worth 10 times an English vote.

Edited by eFestivals

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Really? Without the Scottish brexiters there would be no brexit.

England Leave margin:  1,921,410

Wales Leave martin: 82,225

Total Leave margin England & Wales: 2,003,635

Minus Ulster Remain margin: -121,265

TOTAL non-Scotland Leave margin: 1,882,370

Scotland Leave TOTAL vote: 1,018,322

Not one single Scottish leave vote was required to get it over the Leave threshold.

5 minutes ago, viberunner said:

You live in the country of Scotland?

no, I live in the region of the UK called the South West like you live in the region of the UK called Scotland.

There was no special Scottish vote in the EUref just like there was no special Yorkshire vote.

(and if there were special votes for regions, there's regions more important than the most northern one).

Edited by eFestivals

6 minutes ago, viberunner said:

England Leave margin:  1,921,410

Wales Leave martin: 82,225

Total Leave margin England & Wales: 2,003,635

Minus Ulster Remain margin: -121,265

TOTAL non-Scotland Leave margin: 1,882,370

Scotland Leave TOTAL vote: 1,018,322

Not one single Scottish leave vote was required to get it over the Leave threshold.

you're utterly shit at maths. :lol: 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

you're utterly shit at maths. :lol: 

He's 100% correct at maths.

Have you not been reading your present I sent you?

25 minutes ago, LJS said:

He's 100% correct at maths.

Have you not been reading your present I sent you?

total remainers - total leaveers + scottish leavers becoming remainers = a remain win

What maths are you using? 

If Scotland was the remainers wonderland you like to pretend then brexit wouldn't have won.

It's fucking simple but too simple for you, clearly.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

total remainers - total leaveers + scottish leavers becoming remainers = a remain win

Which is not what you said.

What maths are you using? 

The maths that go with what you said which was that to win leave need Scottish leave voters.

You didn't say the leave voters all had to vote remain.

If Scotland was the remainers wonderland you like to pretend then brexit wouldn't have won.

Scotland could have voted over 80% remain & leave would still have won.

It's fucking simple but too simple for you, clearly.

It's simply true that you have yet again been caught out talking bollocks.

1 minute ago, LJS said:

Which is not what you said.

I said "Without the Scottish brexiters there would be no brexit.".

My maths is good, and either you have trouble with words or numbers. 

1 minute ago, LJS said:

The maths that go with what you said which was that to win leave need Scottish leave voters.

You didn't say the leave voters all had to vote remain.

if they're not leavers they're remainers. :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, LJS said:

Scotland could have voted over 80% remain & leave would still have won.

but it didn't, it voted just one in ten differently to despicable England.

Which makes Scotland almost as brexity as England. 

1 minute ago, LJS said:

It's simply true that you have yet again been caught out talking bollocks.

says the geezer who reaches his idiot conclusion by making a big chunk of the Scottish electorate simply vanish. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I said "Without the Scottish brexiters there would be no brexit.".

My maths is good, and either you have trouble with words or numbers. 

if they're not leavers they're remainers. :rolleyes: 

but it didn't, it voted just one in ten differently to despicable England.

Which makes Scotland almost as brexity as England. 

says the geezer who reaches his idiot conclusion by making a big chunk of the Scottish electorate simply vanish. :lol: 

There's a touch of Johnson/Trump about you.

Never admit you're wrong.

And when your error is pointed out just double down on your original bullshit.

18 minutes ago, LJS said:

There's a touch of Johnson/Trump about you.

Never admit you're wrong.

And when your error is pointed out just double down on your original bullshit.

PMSL :lol: 

My way is to realistically work the numbers in an honest manner, where if they're not leavers they're remainers.

Your version is to make your opposition disappear, because you like to pretend they don't exist.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

no, I live in the region of the UK called the South West like you live in the region of the UK called Scotland.

The South West of England is a region within the country of England. (Just as I live in a region in the country of Scotland). England and Scotland are countries that form a larger country.

A country is a political state, nation, or territory which is controlled. It is often referred to as the land of an individual's birth, residence, or citizenship.

A country may be an independent sovereign state or part of a larger state,[1] as a non-sovereign or formerly sovereign political division, a physical territory with a government, or a geographic region associated with sets of previously independent or differently associated people with distinct political characteristics. It is not inherently sovereign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country

Scotland (Scots: Scotland, Scottish Gaelic: Alba [ˈal̪ˠapə] (listen)) is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. Covering the northern third of the island of Great Britain,[18][19][20] mainland Scotland has a 96 mile (154 km) border with England to the southeast and is otherwise surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the north and west, the North Sea to the northeast and the Irish Sea to the south. In addition, Scotland includes more than 790 islands;[21] principally within the Northern Isles and the Hebrides archipelagos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland

England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom.[7][8][9] It shares land borders with Wales to its west and Scotland to its north. The Irish Sea lies northwest of England and the Celtic Sea to the southwest. England is separated from continental Europe by the North Sea to the east and the English Channel to the south. The country covers five-eighths of the island of Great Britain, which lies in the North Atlantic, and includes over 100 smaller islands, such as the Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Wight. It is the largest country of the British Isles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK or U.K.)[14] or Britain,[note 10] is a sovereign country located off the north­western coast of the European mainland. The United Kingdom includes the island of Great Britain, the north­eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands.[15] Northern Ireland shares a land border with the Republic of Ireland. Otherwise, the United Kingdom is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, with the North Sea to the east, the English Channel to the south and the Celtic Sea to the southwest, giving it the 12th-longest coastline in the world. The Irish Sea separates Great Britain and Ireland. The total area of the United Kingdom is 94,000 square miles (240,000 km2).

The United Kingdom is a unitary parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy.[note 11][16][17] The monarch is Queen Elizabeth II, who has reigned since 1952, making her the world's longest-serving current head of state.[18] The United Kingdom's capital is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million.[19] The United Kingdom consists of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.[20] Their capitals are London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

And since I can hear you scream "PSML Wiki as a SOURCE!", archived from the UK government:

The United Kingdom is made up of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Its full name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20080909013512/http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page823

Feel free to cite any sources you have that Scotland is not a country.

Edited by viberunner

5 hours ago, viberunner said:

The South West of England is a region within the country of England. (Just as I live in a region in the country of Scotland). England and Scotland are countries that form a larger country.

If you can self-define your preferred area as somehow special then so can anyone else.

Or is it an exceptional special for special people more deserving than lesser people?

5 hours ago, viberunner said:

Feel free to cite any sources you have that Scotland is not a country.

Every international agreement between sovereign countries.

Scotland is less of a country than Bavaria or Texas.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If you can self-define your preferred area as somehow special then so can anyone else.

You claim it is my definition yet I gave you multiple sources to say Scotland is a country including statements by the UK government.

If you have any citable evidence Scotland is not a country please do so because currently a case of you-citing-you.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

And your minus is your wish to deny the existence of Scots you disagree with.

I don't deny they exist, it's that I say they shouldn't have the right to annihilate our economy for generations and isolate us outside of Europe because they, a minority, happen to be as stupid as the majority of the English.

Edited by viberunner

6 minutes ago, viberunner said:

You claim it is my definition yet I gave you multiple sources to say Scotland is a country including statements by the UK government.

The UK govt use it as a sop to people like you, but it's for internal consumption only.

All international agreements of the UK govt which mention Scotland refer to it as a region of the UK. 

There's a reason why.

If you have any citable evidence Scotland is not a country please do so because currently a case of you-citing-you.

At the end of the day, who the fuck cares where lines are drawn for claims of special apart from blood and soil flag waving xenophobic arseholes?

Edited by eFestivals

5 minutes ago, viberunner said:

I don't deny they exist it's that I don't agree the majority of Scots should agree to the annihilation of the economy and international isolation because a minority of Scots are as stupid as the majority of the English.

But you make them disappear in your maths.

How is that not denying them?

9 minutes ago, viberunner said:

I don't deny they exist it's that I don't agree the majority of Scots should agree to the annihilation of the economy and international isolation because a minority of Scots are as stupid as the majority of the English.

Indy will annihilate the Scots economy by more than Brexit will, and extra to Brexit.

Scotland is internationally isolated now, it has no international representation and Brexit changes nothing of that.

Edited by eFestivals