The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If you want to read thru this topic from the first post I'm sure you'll find it/them.

Will you bother? I doubt it. But you'll love a row on this irrelevant aside rather than talk about the difficult and important stuff like economics, currency and borders.

As I said, just one quote to demonstrate your not being thoroughly dishonest 😉

One quote then we can take it from there. 

I agree your line was an irrelevant aside but did you make it up was my point ?

Im not sure hence my question 👍

Edited by Comfy Bean

3 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

One quote then we can take it from there. 

I agree your line was an irrelevant aside but did you make it up was my point ?

Im not sure hence my question 👍

Neil has always preferred to argue against things he wished we'd said rather than things we actually said.

Then, having invented things we never said, he tries to make it our responsibility to prove we never said them.

He's fiendishly clever.

:rolleyes:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I don't need to find a quote to know it happened. A better kind of politics was claimed. 

But who really cares what has been said by indivduals about the wonders of indy (because we all know every group has its fruitcakes), unless wanting accompaniment for fish?

The stuff that really matters is how it's going to work - or not work as expected. If indy is such a fantastic thing for the people of Scotland, why do indy fans do everything possible to avoid discussing indy?

Sturgeon recent said that Brexit "would be particularly disastrous. Scotland could see heavy tariffs on goods, which for some sectors would be crippling".

Now, please tell me why indy+EU wouldn't have the same effect but to a much larger part of the Scottish economy....?

</expects only silence>

Edited by eFestivals

12 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I see Sturgeon has been caught out telling porkies again.

That's pretty good going. The two biggest issues in Scottish politics in 2020 and she's bullshitting bigly.

And the silence from snippers is deafening. ;) 

No idea what you're on about today, Neil.

10 hours ago, LJS said:

No idea what you're on about today, Neil.

covid deaths in care homes.

Unlike England, Scotland was discharging oldies to care homes when they'd tested positive. Which probably explains how-come Scotland had a bigger care home problem than England.

But that's not new news (although it is new news to  me). It was explicitly said to Sturgeon on 22nd April by a journalist when he asked her a question. 

Suddenly - same as with Salmond - Sturgeon has "forgotten". She's now saying she didn't know anything about it. And a Scottish govt report on the care homes problem doesn't even mention it.

This is your more-honest Sturgeon, having stuff covered up as standard.

The latest is that she eliminated covid and it's those nasty English who reinfected Scotland at a higher rate than England. Laughable, and definitely not playing on the xenophobic of her fans which she never does, right?

8 hours ago, LJS said:

Yeah, because this is the most important issue in the world right now.

World? I'm talking about the centre of your world, Scotland.

And there's 3 very big issues in Scottish politics right now:-

1. the Salmond inquiry - where Sturgeon has been proven to be lying.

2. covid - where Sturgeon has been proven to be lying.

3. indy - where Sturgeon is playing you for mugs by saying you must do indy because of the economic damage from brexit while indy has far greater damage via the exact same scenario that Sturgeon is using as the justification to push indy.

Add in the bit of xenophobia that Sturgeon is throwing in on the side (at least three times during the covid crisis), and you're in heaven.

You're certainly not calling her out on it, are you? Or anyone else on the indy side.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

World? I'm talking about the centre of your world, Scotland.

And there's 3 very big issues in Scottish politics right now:-

1. the Salmond inquiry - where Sturgeon has been proven to be lying.

2. covid - where Sturgeon has been proven to be lying.

3. indy - where Sturgeon is playing you for mugs by saying you must do indy because of the economic damage from brexit while indy has far greater damage via the exact same scenario that Sturgeon is using as the justification to push indy.

Add in the bit of xenophobia that Sturgeon is throwing in on the side (at least three times during the covid crisis), and you're in heaven.

You're certainly not calling her out on it, are you? Or anyone else on the indy side.

Xenophobia my arse.

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

Xenophobia my arse.

I don't remember Sturgeon advising people not to travel to Glasgow when it was covid city recently.

I don't remember Sturgeon advising people not to fly overseas when cases were bad.

I don't remember Sturgeon telling Scots not to travel to NI recently when it had more cases than England does now.

Do you know where the virus circulating in the UK has come from (from it's genetic fingerprint)? Spain. Not England.

Now, if she'd advised people not to fly to Spain she'd be on the money.

But she's got one target for her advice, and one target only. This is the third time when she's given the same not-based-on-science not-based-on-anything-equitable advice.

How odd.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I don't remember Sturgeon advising people not to travel to Glasgow when it was covid city recently.

I don't remember Sturgeon advising people not to fly overseas when cases were bad.

I don't remember Sturgeon telling Scots not to travel to NI recently when it had more cases than England does now.

Do you know where the virus circulating in the UK has come from (from it's genetic fingerprint)? Spain. Not England.

But she's got one target for her advice, and one target only.

How odd.

She's been advising people not to fly anywhere for ages.

And...

"The First Minister said a localised approach to fighting Covid would only work if people reduced travel between council areas for non-essential purposes."

"Nicola Sturgeon lockdown travel restrictions in Scotland as she warns Scots to follow guidance - Daily Record" https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-lockdown-travel-restrictions-22924974.amp

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

oh, yeah, that "we wouldn't have covid in Scotland if it wasn't for the English" thing 

You mean that thing she had never said.

1 minute ago, LJS said:

"The First Minister said a localised approach to fighting Covid would only work if people reduced travel between council areas for non-essential purposes."

"Nicola Sturgeon lockdown travel restrictions in Scotland as she warns Scots to follow guidance - Daily Record" https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-lockdown-travel-restrictions-22924974.amp

and singled out England as the one place outside of Scotland.

Like she had done several times before she offered that advice for within Scotland just a couple of days ago.

As I said. How odd.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

She said that (in not quote the words i used).

Any special reason why you didn't use her actual words.

Incidentally, if you bother to look, you will find she has been advising against people from high incidence areas e.g. Glasgow travelling to lower risk areas for some weeks.

But, I guess you haven't bothered to look.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

But she's got one target for her advice, and one target only. This is the third time when she's given the same not-based-on-science not-based-on-anything-equitable advice.

How odd.

All 3 things that you don’t remember happening happened. All 3. Your being dishonest, google it.

Id do it but we both know I’d be wasting my time 🙂 

3 hours ago, LJS said:

Any special reason why you didn't use her actual words.

Incidentally, if you bother to look, you will find she has been advising against people from high incidence areas e.g. Glasgow travelling to lower risk areas for some weeks.

But, I guess you haven't bothered to look.

So not advising people not to travel TO covid city then.

As I said.