The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

Apparently the SNP are asking the BBC for more Scotland specific output, such as a new channel and radio station.  At a time when the Beeb is looking for areas to cut!

and of course it's not about making the beeb the SNP's propaganda channel. :lol:

They wouldn't need it of course if the corrupt deal Salmond proposed to Murdoch had worked out as hoped.

I saw a report that the proposed cuts will cost 32,000 jobs nationwide.

and the BBC will be more shit than it ever was, and lower the quality threshold the other channels have to try to match. Welcome to US style TV, proper shit for the proper shit for brains.

b-b-but it's not on the BBC homepage so it doesnt matter!

it's not on the BBC homepage.

Its not on the BBC Scottish News page

It's not on the BBC Scotland polititcs page

Its not on the BBC Tayside & Central Scotland page which covers all the big news

Protection order for 200-year-old Carnoustie tree

_85139303_dibbletree3.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-34044115 

Now, that suggests one of two things to me.

1: There is not much of a story here.

or

2: The SNP has been bullied by the SNP 

I know which I believe

Taking an anti SNP story in the Herald at face value is like taking an anti Labour story in the Telegraph at face value.

Never mind, the Scottish parliament returns from its holidays (all bronzed & hungover) so Wee Willy Rennie & big Kez will have their chance to raise the matter. Let's see how that goes before we get all excited.

Edited by LJS

and of course it's not about making the beeb the SNP's propaganda channel. :lol:

They wouldn't need it of course if the corrupt deal Salmond proposed to Murdoch had worked out as hoped.

I saw a report that the proposed cuts will cost 32,000 jobs nationwide.

and the BBC will be more shit than it ever was, and lower the quality threshold the other channels have to try to match. Welcome to US style TV, proper shit for the proper shit for brains.

Remind me about the precise details of that deal that Salmond proposed to Murdoch - oh & a link would be good.

WOW!

The north sea oil and gas assets fire sale continues!

In addition to maersk, oil giants total, shell, esso, e.on and omv are all desperate to get rid of their unprofitable north sea projects, putting them up for sale at rock bottom prices.

Doesn't bode well, and one can only dread to imagine the catastrophic effect all this would have on a iscotland. The raving nationalists must be choking on their haggis!

God bless the brave 65%.

Edited by russycarps

and now, a 3rd case of special access to ministers, this time for access to the Scottish Finance Minister, one of the few truth speakers of the SNP ("the SNP are not a progressive party").

DF concerts paid cash, and DF concerts got special access.

All above board, of course. Everyone in Scotland gets three private meetings with ministers after asking their mate to arrange it. :lol:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/13628535.John_Swinney_drawn_into_T_in_the_Park_cronyism_row/?ref=rss

From the link you posted here Neil so don`t blame me, you posted it ;)  :

Roseanna Cunningham, as the MSP for the festival’s home constituency of Perthshire South and Kinross-shire, also met DF Concerts in the spring, as did Conservative Mid-Scotland and Fife list MSP Liz Smith and Labour culture spokeswoman Claire Baker.

A spokesman for DF Concerts said: “As a business, we have taken several meetings at which we discussed Scotland’s biggest music festival and the challenges of moving site – both financial and operational - with a large number of people, including some politicians of various parties.”

I wasn`t going to comment on this as the other day you were championing quotes from Willie Rennie  :lol:

In fairness you had been getting into the habit of including " SNP bad " within your posts on this thread. You forgot to do it here but perhaps just an oversight  :P

I suppose I should repeat what I said the last time you tried to make a story out of government giving money to music and arts festivals..... I am happy for some of my tax to go on sport, music and the arts but while people are using foodbanks then T in The Park is NOT the best use of my £.

I brought up Wickerman grants as well last time but think it went over your head. The good lady who owns the farm is a Tory Councillor down Dumfries way.

Don't worry russy, the Scottish Greens plan to nationalise the oil and make sure every drop gets burnt, so there's a willing buyer for it all.

Do you think they plan to piss the money into the wind, in fairness I remember you admitted thats what had happened via our Westminster overlords, or do you imagine they plan to re-invest revenues in renewable energy, science and technology ?

What you got against Patrick Harvie now ?

Don't worry russy, the Scottish Greens plan to nationalise the oil and make sure every drop gets burnt, so there's a willing buyer for it all.

In a shock development Neil is telling lies. This may explain why he didn't post a link to this story. 

Here's some excerpts from how the Scotsman reported this story.

It proposes a comprehensive change to UK economic policy away from tax cuts for foreign oil companies, which are designed to boost oil production, towards empowering local communities to create an economy based on publicly-owned renewable energy.

“This better future won’t come with tax cuts for oil corporations and trying to extract every last barrel.

“It means changing direction towards a rapid transition away from fossil fuels. This will require a wholescale change of UK economic policy away from austerity and toward investment in the new economy.

“The only credible and responsible course of action is a managed transition towards sustainable sectors as outlined in this major report.”

WWF Scotland director Lang Banks said: “As the report makes clear, Scotland will continue to be reliant on fossil fuels for many more years to come.

“However, the climate change science is also very clear that we urgently need to be weaning ourselves off those fossil fuels.

“We need to see a just transition that harnesses the people and skills currently employed in fossil fuel industries and create new opportunities in less-polluting alternatives.”

So, in short, Neil has taken a story, ignored the facts  & made stuff up to suit his case. 

Some might call that lying.

I know how Neil hates being called a liar so I'll assume he just skim read the story and didn't pick up all the details.

That being the case I am sure he will be on shortly to acknowledge his error.

Do you think they plan to piss the money into the wind, in fairness I remember you admitted thats what had happened via our Westminster overlords, or do you imagine they plan to re-invest revenues in renewable energy, science and technology ?

What you got against Patrick Harvie now ?

They're the world's only "burn all the oil" green party.

And investing the oil money is the same bullshit it ever was. It's only possible once you're running a surplus.

In a shock development Neil is telling lies. This may explain why he didn't post a link to this story. 

Here's some excerpts from how the Scotsman reported this story.

So, in short, Neil has taken a story, ignored the facts  & made stuff up to suit his case. 

Some might call that lying.

I know how Neil hates being called a liar so I'll assume he just skim read the story and didn't pick up all the details.

That being the case I am sure he will be on shortly to acknowledge his error.

Guilty of not reading the whole thing.

And I apologise if i've not kept up to date with the clearly-opportunistic changes to Scottish Green Party policies. It's not like the version I posted is even a year old.

Scotland is in the shit, and not a soul has a plan to address it. Until someone does have a plan, indy is a dead duck.

Let us all take a moment to give thanks to the brave 55% of scots who, amid a background of hostility and recrimination, voted with their brains and saved scotland from certain doom.

The dead duck appears to be quacking & the brave 55% are now the Braveheart 55%

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/news/1327913-stv-poll-scots-would-vote-yes-if-a-second-referendum-were-held-now/

(yes it's only a poll. just keeping you guys informed)

The dead duck appears to be quacking & the brave 55% are now the Braveheart 55%

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/news/1327913-stv-poll-scots-would-vote-yes-if-a-second-referendum-were-held-now/

(yes it's only a poll. just keeping you guys informed)

Just saw this on the BBC news. Looking across the graphs over the past decade or so the momentum behind " YES " is on the up and up. Big swing from the 45% last year in a relatively short period of time. Meanwhile support for the Tories increases in England.

I`ll stick with my guess that after " we " elect another Tory Govt at the next GE, Scotland will be ready to take that different road.

Will look forward to the continual ( laughable ) claims on here that it is / was all about greed / oil  :bye:

I posted before about no voters I know who believed Labour would win the last GE switching to YES now we have the Tories. Would guess this thought process is behind much of the increase in support and with the current state of Labour I can`t see support dropping away anytime soon. I think the opposite is more likely  :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34128939

It`s looking like an 8% " gain " in 12 months :O

But lets not get carried away...........Donald Trumpton agrees with Neil  :(

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/31/donald-trump-second-scottish-independence-vote-would-be-crazy

Hey Donald Trump is popular too - which only gets to show moronic things can be popular.

Get back to me when you have to bottle to follow thru on what you'd like to believe is the support. :)

yup ... it's one thing to be for it when you're not thinking about the horror of what it would really mean, and another to face up to the facts.

As you two are well aware, indy would be a financial disaster as things stand.

PS: and I'll keep telling you it'll be, right up until it isn't ... or if it comes sooner, the day you call another indyref.

Then I'll be wishing you on your way and hoping that all of your dreams come true for you. :)

Not so sure about your use of the word " horror " in the first post Neil....but I appreciate the sentiment at the end of your second post .....I think  :)

As I have said before. When Scotland votes to be an Indy Country it will be firm hand shakes all round as we wish each other well. Hopefully we ALL live to see the day. Plenty more discussion to be had around this me thinks. No way can support for YES continue to increase at this rate but a steady, more gradual increase over the next few years doesn`t seem outrageous to assume. 

Our elections in 2016 will be interesting. Can Labour get their act together before then ?

Hey Donald Trump is popular too - which only gets to show moronic things can be popular.

Get back to me when you have to bottle to follow thru on what you'd like to believe is the support. :)

I know what momentum looks like. I know we have a Tory Govt increasing in popularity ( in one corner of the UK ) and I know we have a Labour party shooting themselves in both feet.

I also know you know what momentum looks like.

After last years vote a 5% swing was all that was required. Oil price down the shitter and support on the up. It`s when not if  :)

PS: and I'll keep telling you it'll be, right up until it isn't ... or if it comes sooner, the day you call another indyref.

Then I'll be wishing you on your way and hoping that all of your dreams come true for you. :)

https://youtu.be/Rs3DZd8CaAk

Oh and if a general election was called tomorrow I would bet on 59 out of 59 SNP seats.

According to this poll, if a referendum was called tomorrow Scotland would vote YES and leave Team UK.

No hard feelings. It`s time for something different for us.

Why dont they push for it then?

Edited by russycarps