Rock Werchter 2012

Guest august1

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combi tickets are obviously sold out, although there is the chance that some may become available at various junctures. However, I have a question with regards to the day tickets and camping.

Can you use one of the camp sites if your are in possession of a day ticket (and obviously a camping ticket)?

As it stands I might be able to get day tickets to the first three days from both the ticket outlet and friends, so as to not make it ridiculously expensive (Sunday is unfortunately sold out). Although, having to obtain a new wristband everyday would be a bit of a hindrance, it is the camping situation that most concerns me. The Werchter website states the obvious, that campers need to have valid festival tickets, but doesn't state whether they have to be for the whole weekend.

If only combi tickets had managed to not sell out until today!

My plan

Thursday

14.15-15.00: Metric

15.15-15.45: All American-Rejects (due to lack of alternative)

15.45-16.45: Bombay Bicycle Club

16.45-17.45: Amon Tobin

17.45-18.45: The Maccabees

18.45-19.30: Cypress Hill

19.30-20.30: Blink-182 (only an hour!?)

20.45-21.45: Netsky

GAP

23.00-00.30: The Cure

01.00-01.15: Skrillex maybe, just to see what the fuss is about

01.15-02.30: Justice

Strong day, that

Friday

No idea what until

18.15-19.15: Jack White/The Temper Trap. Stupid clash given the quality of the day. Will depend on how good both acts' new material is

20.15-21.00: Lana del Rey

22.00-23.00: Bat For Lashes

00.00-00.30- Beirut (again, a clash)

00.30-02.30- Deadmau5

Pretty poor day, not even bothered about Lana or Lashes

Saturday

15.30-16.30: Noah & the Whale

16.50-17.40: Wolfmother

18.15-19.15: Kasabian

19.55-20.55: Mumford & Sons

21.35-22.35: The xx

23.30-00.30: Incubus

00.30-02.00: Paul Kalkbrenner/Chase & Status

Not bad

Sunday

16.45-17.45: M Ward

18.00-19.15: Noel Gallagher

23.30-01.00: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Awful again

Suggestions for my other slots please!

I just expected a few more acts really. There seemed like more than 16 slots available. They seem to be starting a bit later? I think two of the days are fantastic but two are really disappointing. Still enough overall to justify going

My probably intinery, subject to change(weather.mood etc etc.)

Thursday

Fri

14:15 - 15:15 Miles Kane

16:40 - 17:40 Gossip

18:15 - 19:15 The Temper Trap

22:00 - 23:00 Bat For Lashes

Sat

16:50 - 17:40 Wolfmother

Sun

... I've been busy at work today...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23092736/RW%2712%20Timetable.xls

... so here I let you the Timetable...

;P

my clashes are:

Blink 182- Garbage (Garbage win)

Justice- Skrillex (Justice win)

Kasabian- M83 (I think M83 will win)

Editors- Incubus (this is the worst, I don't know what to do...)

... probably beer will decide, ejejj...

Go to the Werchter website, click on the buy tickets link to the right. Click on 'Belgian visitors and visitors from the Netherlands'. Select 'Classic ticket by post' and proceed to book them. Any tickets which you choose to book and which are sold out, you will go on the waiting list for.

biggest of the lot for me. great new blink album, favourite band as a teen but seen them twice. really want to see garbage though and just heard the new song. it's a goody!

justice vs skrillex is another. that's just cruel putting those two on the same day at the same time

I have loads of niggly clashes but nothing too heartbreaking.

Looks like the second and third stages are basically rotating acts which is great for me as I want to see a lot of the acts on both during the first day. Might miss the first/last 5 mins of a few but I can deal with that. Between Netsky, who I'm not bothered about really, and The Cure, there's nothing for me at all, which is annoying as I bet I'll be knackered from travelling (Thursday at Werchter is always more shattering than any day at other festivals for some reason). Might catch a bit of The Kooks and Skrillex after the Cure and before Justice. I'll just aim for the back speakers for Justice. Always the best place to be for main stage dance acts. Maximum noise and dancing room

The second day I'll probably watch Perfume Genius first, which gives me a fair bit of drinking time beforehand. I might end up watching Gossip afterwards, which I guess could be vaguely entertaining. Then there's the biggest clash for me really. Jack White/Temper Trap. Haven't decided what to do yet, might just go with the crowd. I'm not desperate to see either but I'd like to see both too. Then later on Beirut clashes with Deadmau5 which is actually probably more annoying but it's just a no-brainer. Deadmau5.

Only clashes of note on 3rd day are Kasabian/M83 and Incubus/Editors, but I've seen Editors a few times and I'm not keen on the last album so that one's easy and I'll go see Kasabian because they're good live. Can anyone advise any particular Simple Minds music? No idea where to start with them. Paul Kalkbrenner/Chase & Status is minor clash but I've wanted to see Kalkbrenner for a while so it's a fairly easy decision. If he's not up to scratch I'll leave for Chase & Status though, they killed it at Hurricane last year

Last day I have no clashes but then there's only like three acts I like so I'd have been gutted if there were! Any suggestions for bands on the final day would be greatly appreciated. Not sure where to start really. I like Isbells, Noel Gallagher and Red Hot Chilis from those announced and M Ward is OK

Edited by edfirth

bit of info from rock werchter about the waiting list, which is now closed.

Only 1-day tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday Rock Werchter are still available! The waiting list for 4-day combi tickets is closed. It’s therefore impossible to subscribe to the waiting list. Those who are subscribed: the waiting list is no guarantee for a 4-day combi ticket. Tickets are assigned according to the first come, first served-principal. Those who are lucky, are informed of that.

Edited by thetime