Rock Werchter 2012

Guest august1

Aren't Within Temptation a very odd addition?

Are we thinking that Amon Tobin will bring his full light show? That would be my prime reason for watching him, it's incredible

Wouldn't mind seeing the xx (I decided that they were trying to book the xx and booked x instead) and I like The Temper Trap, but the singer isn't very good live unfortunately

Are/is Bon Iver big in Belgium? What are the odds of a Pyramid/3rd stage slot? His European tour starts on the 5th July so you'd say possible?

Editors are massive in Belgium, having been to Werchter before I've seen this. Plus, they're good live, and to have Mumford, Kasabian and the xx below them means no one can complain about the size of the acts that day

Edited by edfirth

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can xD

I couldn't name a single song by Editors, the xx or Mumford. I would say Wolfmother are a bigger name on a global scale than the last two. Having Kasabian that low down (again) is quite impressive though, especially as they are almost certain to headline Reading this year. It does just look like a day at Reading with the order jumbled up though!

Saturday and Sunday is fairly poor I reckon. Although the Thursday and Pearl Jam, plus a few 3rd stage acts more than make up for it.

Edited by edfirth

Just because you can't name songs doesn't mean you can complain about the size of the acts! I can promise you that Mumford are far bigger Worldwide than Wolfmother. I think the top 5 that day is precisely reverse to what it'd be here

Chase & Status

Editors

The xx

Mumford

Kasabian

BUT, if you had those five in order here with Wolfmother below that definitely wouldn't be described as a weak day. Not massively strong, but definitely not weak. PLUS, the bands there are very good live (I haven't seen the xx but I've seen the others and they've all impressed me)

Friday I am not keen on. I'm not even interested in Pearl Jam (they were rubbish at Werchter 2007). I could deal with Jack White if half of his set was White Stripes songs and Deadmau5 will be one of my highlights of the festival, but there's nothing else there for me (on the main stage at least, I'd happily watch Temper Trap and Beirut)

Sunday I like. Noel Gallagher's album is excellent and The Chilis were one of my favourite bands as a teen. Those two will fill nearly half of the day. I'm half interested to see The Vaccines live too even though I'm not a fan. See what the hype's about I guess

Its a belgian fedtival though and editors are big in belguim. Makes.it even better t.hat I love editors and the xx.

Only week main for me is friday, thst will be the day to explore the ither stagesvwhich another band I adore us bat for lashes.

Hoping for a decent headliner to clash with rhcp.

Hey guys i really want to go to rock werchter, i recon its the best line up in Europe personally

Anyway i have some questions,and it would be amazing if any of you guys could answer some

when it says 'no musical equipment' does that mean no guitars?

whats the general campsite vibe? is it more a glastonbry chilled atmosphere or more mental like reading

How far away are the A campsites

whats the best way of getting there

are the food coupons worth getting- what are they

how much is beer?

do a lot of english people go

and... whats the drugs policy... if you get my meaning...

i know its a lot of questions, but i would be grateful if you could answer them :)

Cant help you with this one, but Im sure ive seen peole play guitars in the campsite

whats the general campsite vibe? is it more a glastonbry chilled atmosphere or more mental like reading

Campsites are pretty chilled, dont expect wild mad cmapsites like reading. Really well organised camps and no trouble and bands go on to 2ish.

A campsites are very close and only a short walk away.

Depends where your from, if you can easily get to london eurostar is the easiest. Also we did the overnight coach there last year, cheapest and was fun(not coming back though, torture).

You have to get food and drink coupons for the arena, no cash sales. But outside the arena with all the bars going up the road is all dont by cash.

basically you use the vouchers for all your drink and food in the arena, what I do is as soon as you get in the arena get your vouchers, as the crowds get longer come drinking time.

how much is beer?

Out side the arena 2 euros if I remember right, dearer in arena I voucher If I remember right. Its only for half a pint though.

quite a few english go but theres alot of german, dutch and from further a field like australia. Fantastic mix and was such good fun when holland got to world cup final and england was shit....

overall fantastic festival, well organised, great lineups but the crowds not crazy like reading/download etc.

Edited by thetime

gutted!! seen RHCP and the whole gig was pretty much 90% bass solo's! was pretty boring. was hoping for a decent dance act to close it down.

i was one of the people not happy about the B.E.P closing last year, but found myself having a good old boogie to will.i.am's little DJ set! haha! guilty as charged!!!

gutted!! seen RHCP and the whole gig was pretty much 90% bass solo's! was pretty boring. was hoping for a decent dance act to close it down.

i was one of the people not happy about the B.E.P closing last year, but found myself having a good old boogie to will.i.am's little DJ set! haha! guilty as charged!!!

Hey guys i really want to go to rock werchter, i recon its the best line up in Europe personally

Anyway i have some questions,and it would be amazing if any of you guys could answer some

how much is beer?

and... whats the drugs policy... if you get my meaning...

i know its a lot of questions, but i would be grateful if you could answer them :)

Edited by edfirth

Seriously considering going back to werchter. The venue is great and this year has some great names on the lineup, shame about the latest announcement though, looked the xx up on youtube and i'm really not getting it, am i missing something? Editors are a bit of a cop out as well, I understand that they're big in Belgium but i've seen them a few times (Used to be a big fan), and the final time is just wasn't enjoyable at all, filled a festival headline slot with tracks from the unreleased third album.

It's all swings and roundabout though, since in this country both blink and kasabian would be headlining and there's easily twenty bands i'd watch on the werchter lineup!