Rock Werchter 2012

Guest august1

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, my English isn't perfect, but I was talking about some place at the festival where I could leave my huuuuge bags and forget about them for 4 days) some kind of cloakroom... I know for sure there will be something like that but how much money I will spend on it is a mystery for me

In response to the fella asking who people would watch if there were no clashes (I'm guessing he bolded his certainties):

The Maccabees

Rise Against

Blink-182

The Cure

Justice

Amon Tobin

Skream

Skrillex

The Temper Trap

Beirut

Jack White

Deadmau5

Wolfmother

Kasabian

Mumford & Sons

The xx

Incubus

Editors

Chase & Status

Paul Kalkbrenner

Noel Gallagher

Chili Peppers

Edited by edfirth

I hope you're not disappointed. In 2007 they spent the whole day getting drunk with Kings of Leon and Eddie Vedder came on stage nearly falling over and chugging a bottle of wine. They were horrendous. Eddie's collaboration with the Kings was good though!

I'm not a massive fan anyway, so it might be one of those cases where you had to be a fan to enjoy them. The really good live bands don't need that though, most people are impressed with the likes of Muse, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters and Coldplay (surprisingly) live even if they aren't fans. That's why they're the biggest bands in the world I think

Muse and Foo Fighters I agree with. Kings of Leon and Coldplay are 2 of the dullest bands I have ever seen live! I would say that Foo Fighters are probably the only universally accepted band in music at the moment. Could play any festival and a majority of people would be happy.

^^ yey

Anyways i keep having and more questions, sigh. the sad truth is the next few might make me sound like a typical English tourist...

is there a particular campsite which has a higher percentage of English people/english speaking people (aussies)? -don't get me wrong i love meeting people from other countries but it would be nice to have some 'easier to talk to' people and i'd rather make sure i'm in a campsite with a few English people than not ask and be in one with none, if you get my meaning

Also, do most of the staff speak English or french? (i'm just curious as i know were in the Flemish part of Belgium and the last time i went there they didn't particlary like me speaking french to them) so as a greater question do must people in Flemish Belgium speak english- like in Holland? i took it as well from earlier questions that the Belgians are quite friendly towards the English?

Finally, more as a curiosity culture question, do a lot of Walloons (french speaking/southern Belgians) come to rock werchter- and if they do is there a clash?

To kind of back this up, I went to Hurricane last year and all the Germans spoke English to me and I got on famously with them. All the trouble I saw was caused by English and I was embarrassed to be dragged along with a crowd who shoved their way through the crowd during Arcade Fire