Rock Werchter 2012

Guest august1

Seriously considering going back to werchter. The venue is great and this year has some great names on the lineup, shame about the latest announcement though, looked the xx up on youtube and i'm really not getting it, am i missing something? Editors are a bit of a cop out as well, I understand that they're big in Belgium but i've seen them a few times (Used to be a big fan), and the final time is just wasn't enjoyable at all, filled a festival headline slot with tracks from the unreleased third album.

It's all swings and roundabout though, since in this country both blink and kasabian would be headlining and there's easily twenty bands i'd watch on the werchter lineup!

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a young lady coming with us who won't drink beer. What are her options in and out of the arena going to be like? I'm usually on real ale or cider at festivals but I could handle lager if necessary. I assume you can't take bottles of spirits because of the no glass rule?

We have a young lady coming with us who won't drink beer. What are her options in and out of the arena going to be like? I'm usually on real ale or cider at festivals but I could handle lager if necessary. I assume you can't take bottles of spirits because of the no glass rule?

without clashes who you after seeing so far? heres my list so far, bold must see.

Maccabees

garbage

blink

elbow

The cure

justice

Bat for lashes

Miles Kane

gossip

Pearl jam

Deadmau5

Noah and the whale

Wolfmother

mumford

XX

Editors

Chase and status

Ed sheeren

Noel Gallagher

Florence

snow patrol

not bad really, not bad at all.

Just wondering if theres any other coach company apart from eurolines?

Also do you guys have any clue as to when its going to sell out?- i heard last year it was june if i'm correct, does it sell out every year?

plus, can anyone recommend a good cheap hostle/hotle in brussels?

Just wondering if theres any other coach company apart from eurolines?

Also do you guys have any clue as to when its going to sell out?- i heard last year it was june if i'm correct, does it sell out every year?

plus, can anyone recommend a good cheap hostle/hotle in brussels?

Edited by thetime

Hi there!

I'm from Russia and want to ask a few questions about the subject. I've never been to this festival and to Belgium. This summer me and my friend want to travel from Portugal through Spain, then France and then to Rock Werchter, so the first question is about accomodation. As I've already guessed there's no hostels or hotels at walking distance to the festival. It's really not very comfortable to us to live in a camp because we have no possibility to care tents and sleeping bags and other stuff from Russia along the route for more than two weeks.. So, I look for the hostel in Leuven (or maybe there is another city that is closer to Werchter?). And the most important thing I want to ask: is there a possibility to move from the festival at night to Leuven (or another city)? Because I think there is no problem to get to Werchter in the daytime to the beginning, but after the last show.. I'm not sure

Hi there!

I'm from Russia and want to ask a few questions about the subject. I've never been to this festival and to Belgium. This summer me and my friend want to travel from Portugal through Spain, then France and then to Rock Werchter, so the first question is about accomodation. As I've already guessed there's no hostels or hotels at walking distance to the festival. It's really not very comfortable to us to live in a camp because we have no possibility to care tents and sleeping bags and other stuff from Russia along the route for more than two weeks.. So, I look for the hostel in Leuven (or maybe there is another city that is closer to Werchter?). And the most important thing I want to ask: is there a possibility to move from the festival at night to Leuven (or another city)? Because I think there is no problem to get to Werchter in the daytime to the beginning, but after the last show.. I'm not sure