RockNess 2012 Wishlist/Predictions

Guest festkid

been spending a lot of time thinking about the line up, and apart from the promoter slip up (well documented else where in the forum) we have had no inside information. So here's our prediction Moby, Friday, Justice Saturday, Noel Gallacher Sunday. Feels that it hangs together with the current feel of the festival and is no to extravagant when it comes to costing

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw David Guetta is doing a show at Alexandra Palace in London next June. Anybody think he could be in with a chance?

Too many people being unrealistic on here. Daft Punk are NOT gonna return anytime soon - if they were to come back I reckon it will be for 2017 ( 10 year anniversary or something ). Shame if you missed them in 07.....i witnessed every second of it xD

My DJ wishlist would be:

Sven Vath

Joris Voorn

Dubfire

Vitalic

Housemeister

Not really fussed about the headliners, it will likely be some band I don't like and I'll be in the dance tent anyway :bye:

My prediction at the moment would be:

Friday - Coldplay

Saturday - Deadmau5

Sunday - Biffy or Franz

With Justice, Laidback Luke, Bloody Beetroots and maybe Swedish House Mafia also on the line up.

I'm predicting something like that. I'm not sure about Franz headlining and although Coldplay seem like a longshot, there are so many things that point to it!

...and although Coldplay seem like a longshot, there are so many things that point to it!

The obvious ones such as Justice, Daft Punk etc

LuckyMe (some sort of a collab with these guys would make my weekend, I mean they are a Scottish label that is releasing alot of new and interesting music)

If the above doesnt happen then either Rustie, Hudmo or Lunice would be nice...or all 3?

SBTRKT

Boy Better Know (would be refresing to see some new music)

Vitalic

2 Bears

Blawan

Aphex Twin

Jackmaster (loved him in the subby tent this year)

Jamie xx

Skream & Benga

Annie Mac (crowd favourite)

Foals

Madness

Kingdom

M.A.N.D.Y

Jamie Jones

Tempa T

Toddla T

A few off the top of my head there and abit of an odd mix, but I think ive covered quite a lot of different genres for people to enjoy.

Man... I'd shit a brick.

Not sure if there has been anything to deny it, but going to make a blind prediction on Bjork being one of the headline acts, getting announced for a fair few festivals around europe near the time, probably not enough of an appeal to an average T goer, but got the status and right crossover for Rockness?

Well the fact that they announced a UK stadium tour over that week, missing out Scotland and conveniently leaving the Friday of Rockness free points to it a bit I would think, along with a booker for Rockness (Simon Jones - @simon_AEGlive) tweeting random Coldplay lyrics on a few occasions. (OK many not 'so many' things...) Admittedly I could be looking a bit far into it but I do think it's possible, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

My wishlist would include...

Radiohead

Arcade Fire

Bloc Party

MGMT

Foals

The Black Keys

Fenech-Soler

I'd happily have The Maccabees back with the release of their new album soon

Tame Impala

The Temper Trap

The Naked and Famous

Mystery Jets

Miles Kane

Klaxons

The Horrors

Delphic

Any of these would be nice :P

Not sure man, to be fair, except for these after 2 arena dates announced coming up, they missed out England and played scottish/irish dates this year. They have a much bigger appeal that Rockness, could sell that size out on their own in minutes..

I know Kasabian and The Strokes played it but given the slot The Strokes took at T and well Coldplay are hugely bigger now. And Kasabian weren't mean't to be doing any dates until Rockness/IOW was announced.

I think at the highest it could be, going based on last year which was a quite strong year:

Justice

SHM

Franz Ferdinand

If Franz weren't Scottish, I think they could even sub to the arctics. One's latest tour was arena's, one academies.

Along with the Bjork suggestion I previously made, reading around other festivals pages, Bestival, Latitude etc, how about New Order? Sure, its not the real thing without Hook there but the rest of the band is in action, doing the odd gig here and there all over the place, would be a pretty ideal headliner for Rockness IMO.

Edited by Chiefski