The pre-sale con....

Guest Barry Fish

This has been annoying me for a while now...

Bought tickets to see someone in the coming days who I am a big fan of and bought tickets in the pre-sale which was only sent out to "fans". They aren't big enough to have a big tout following etc so I am pretty sure mostly fans would of got the pre-sale link.

Anyway got my tickets today five months after buying them... Worse seats in the place...

Takes the piss. Sour taste in the mouth and the band can kiss my arse.

Winds me up they treat pre-sale to their fans as a way of getting rid of the crap tickets...

gggrrr

Vent over...

Just wondering who's gig was it?

I've gotten pre-sale tixs from a few bands before and find that (might be wrong though) bands either take control of it themselves like NIN or outsource to another company (one of them is called sandbags) like Blink 182. There might be a difference of which are the better seats depending on who is going it but I only ever get standing tixs so I don't know.

Edited by jump

Nah - Either a Strictly Come Dancing or X-Factor tour judging by the reluctance to admit.

Can't say it's ever been a problem for me. I've always managed to book decent seats when it's been seated - usuallythe website offers a choice of either variable price depending on the seating area or has some sort of seating plan so you know what you're getting.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the allocation for pre sales is generally pretty shit, and pretty small? I personally am pretty thankful for this as I am not entitled to any of the pre-sale schemes, and at work loads of customers complain thinking all the good tickets go due to presale which isn't the case. And I reckon its the wanted they went on sale some time ago and played those sort of venues.