Standon Calling

Guest worthyraver

I am to Standon Calling this weekend never been before 20 minutes from my house, no arena, 24 bars, night club in a cow shed, swimming pool what is there not to like?

Anybody been before or going this weekend?

He got sentenced to 3 years in February of this year so I think the current organisers have had to disassociate themselves from him - at least publicly.

Yes I know. It's still held in the grounds of his house though, so not totally disassociated with him!

I think it's quite hard for them to fully dissociate themselves from him, seeing as its their son. :lol:

I got back from Standon Calling last night and I was very impressed. I too heard the rumours of slow tickets sales and on the Thursday just before I left I received an email with a code for a free ticket, that said during the weekend there did not seem to be any shortage of punters, however as I have never been before I can not make a comparison with other years.

Never having been to such a small festival before it was nice to bump into the same friendly faces every day, this was even more likely for me as I took the missus and four kids so we met up with the same families. I was slightly concerned about taking all the kids to what is basically a weekend rave, but I need not have worried as even whilst I was putting my tent up I noticed there was quite a few families around some with kids even younger than my twin boys. Also because there are fewer kids on site than say Camp Bestival the kids get more attention, which they loved of course. The festival atmosphere was very welcoming and chilled from the other families down to the younger ravers.

I would find it difficult to say a bad word against the place, my best festival of the year so far and with only Shambala left in a couple of weeks time to try and beat it!

I got back from Standon Calling last night and I was very impressed. I too heard the rumours of slow tickets sales and on the Thursday just before I left I received an email with a code for a free ticket, that said during the weekend there did not seem to be any shortage of punters, however as I have never been before I can not make a comparison with other years.

Never having been to such a small festival before it was nice to bump into the same friendly faces every day, this was even more likely for me as I took the missus and four kids so we met up with the same families. I was slightly concerned about taking all the kids to what is basically a weekend rave, but I need not have worried as even whilst I was putting my tent up I noticed there was quite a few families around some with kids even younger than my twin boys. Also because there are fewer kids on site than say Camp Bestival the kids get more attention, which they loved of course. The festival atmosphere was very welcoming and chilled from the other families down to the younger ravers.

I would find it difficult to say a bad word against the place, my best festival of the year so far and with only Shambala left in a couple of weeks time to try and beat it!