Noel Gallagher's high flight birds

Guest onemangang

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noel said he will be doing a hour and half set, and 10 minutes of that will be oasis songs he said. he also said that the oasis songs he picks to sing will not be in anyway connected to Liam. by this im guessing he means he wont be doing rock n roll star an such like.

the four i predict are

don't look back in anger (definitely)

the master plan (definitely)

importance of being idle (pretty sure)

little by little (good chance)

others include

slide away. he's done this one a few times acoustically over the last few years, but it is associated with Liam in some ways. it just depends on how harder line he's taking on it

or

mucky fingers. he did this one with Paul Weller in a very small gig in London, ruffly 6 months ago. it has an out side chance in my view.

others include: talk tonight, wonderwall, sad song, stay young, waiting for the rapture.

im sure there's more, but that's the songs i think have some hope.

this is he's second song off the single "the good rebel".

i think this is allot better than the death of me and you. does Noel have a nak of putting the better song as a b side to his singles? im sure he used to do it with oasis, maybe N.G is being slightly sneaky.

anyway's in my opinion its allot more Noel Gallagher and allot less oasis. if i here another song by Mr N.g with the beat from the importance of being idle in it, i may start to eat my own fingers in protest.

its really up lifting.

So over the course of the last fifteen years or so, I've been conducting a half-assed, ultimately futile war on modern artists who use ryhming couplets which follow a "High, Sky, Fly" type pattern. Lenny Kravitz for example.

And now Mister Rock N' Roll walking cliché himself actually names his band in such a way! Brilliant! It means by my own personal code I don't have to listen to his jaded and dull music at all!

Noel said he will be doing a hour and half set, and 10 minutes of that will be oasis songs he said. he also said that the oasis songs he picks to sing will not be in anyway connected to Liam. by this im guessing he means he wont be doing rock n roll star an such like.

the four i predict are

don't look back in anger (definitely)

the master plan (definitely)

importance of being idle (pretty sure)

little by little (good chance)

others include

slide away. he's done this one a few times acoustically over the last few years, but it is associated with Liam in some ways. it just depends on how harder line he's taking on it

or

mucky fingers. he did this one with Paul Weller in a very small gig in London, ruffly 6 months ago. it has an out side chance in my view.

others include: talk tonight, wonderwall, sad song, stay young, waiting for the rapture.

im sure there's more, but that's the songs i think have some hope.

Noel did say in an interview with NME, that it was a pity great songs like The Importance of Being Idol will never be played live again. Thought it was odd that tune was one of the ones he chose to single out. He did subsequently caveat his first statement with 'in a stadium' though.

It's really grown on me, but then I've been working in Manchester this week and XFM have been playing it constantly.

He's a talented guy, his brother is a dick. Would hope he wouldn't ditch any of the great Oasis songs he sings on for live gigs, the ones with Liam wouldn't be that missed.