what did you discover this year....?

Guest eFestivals

janelle monae......my best new thing i hadnt heard of before the festival at the west holts saturday night. seriously the most incredible performance from such a young performer ive ever seen. she dances and acts like shes been in this business for decades

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I discovered, 1. waterproofs only stay waterproof for a certain amount of time but a bit of skanking soon sorts that out, 2. always look at a seat before you sit down if it is raining (doh!) and 3. if someone apologises to you as they walk out of the long drop, don't even open the door to see if it's usable! :O

I also discovered Babyhead, they were awesome and assisted me in the drying out/keeping warm process on Friday at the Blazing Saddles stage! :D

as a first time Glasto goer I discovered that if you spend most of your time at Pyramid and Other, then it is no different to V Festival.

Me and my mrs have agreed that if we can get tickets to go in 2013, we shall spend very little time there and go and seek the "real" Glasto experience and people at the smaller stages and greenfields, circus areas etc

1. Wall of Death was absolutely mesmerizing!

2. Nessi Gomes - wandered into the Doctors without Borders 'tent' in the Common just to see what was happening more than anything, and Nessi Gomes was playing an acoustic set. None of us had ever heard of her, but it was a truly amazing performance. Her voice + guitar playing + songwriting talent were top drawer.

3. That mud, given the correct conditions, can have the same properties as superglue.

4. Dub FX at G Stage was brilliant. Seen his videos on Youtube before, but seeing it live was insane.

5. Pretty Lights at G Stage - again, brilliant set. Left my mates, running the risk of not finding them again until bed time to see this, but well worth that risk!

That I should never ever try crack or smack... (Not that I kind of didn't already know that - but I found laughing gas to be even more moorish than usual this year...)

and Daisy Chapman - she played the bandstand - beautiful voice that girl has.

Shirts! I'd all ways though it was a crap idea to take shirts to a festival* but they're not. Collar for back of neck sun protection, buttons used to vary the ventilation and a front pocket to hold your beer while you take a whizz.

*I packed in a bit of a rush and chucked in a lot of clothes that where just lying on the floor.

...that if you remove all your tent pegs from your pop-up tent bar a hidden one attached tightly to a bungee rope and then lift your tent up off the ground to attempt to fold then you will be taking the long early monday morning walk back to the car with a bust face....to match the broken mind

Felt absolutely terrible on Sunday and the heat was killing me so decided instead of going to see Paul Simon, I would go to the Cabaret tent to get a bit of shade and ended up seeing an act called Abandoman, who were genuinely one of the funniest act's I've ever seen. On the spot comedy hip-hop made up entirely of people in the audience and things people had in their pockets. Incredible.

And to top it off, I heard Paul Simon was rubbish. Best decision ever!

That going into the long drop a pretty trendy looking girl has just come out does not equal super clean bog and infact can indeed equal a turd on the edge of the seat...

That mud at glasto is actually a f**king terrible idea and the NFRNFC crew were right all along.

That I cannot walk in wellies and mud like a normal person :P

and also that getting drunk to Cuban music is f**king awesome!!!