Coldplay

Guest The Roses

I watched The Chemical Brothers too, thought they were average. Can't bring myself to watch the Coldplay coverage after what everyone's been saying about how amazing they were. Reading your post I'm tempted to delete it and not watch it all! Grrrrr so annoying!

This is kind of like the Childbirth/Kicked in balls dilema. Noone will ever really know which was better..

That said, I cried the whole way through Coldplay. It really blew my mind. Watch it back, even on TV I bet it's amazing!

I was dubious when they opened with a new song but within a minute I was hooked, so many highlights there viva, fix you and the new single rounding it off !! I never expected them to be my highlight especially after Pulp but I have to admit they blew me away fantastic absolutely fantastic !!!

I watched it down the front and thought it was a great show, but I was really surprised by how the friends of mine who weren't fans were raving about it. Having watched it on TV, I can see why it sucked people in - the most spectacular show I've seen on the Pyramid (who would have predicted that Coldplay would outdo U2 and Beyonce in those stakes?!), and I kind of wish I'd been up the hill now to see the lasers and projections and stuff.

I watched them on TV and thought they were pretty good.

However, it felt like it was a been there, done that! Seen this in 2005, with the addition of one album, not much could really be too different (apart from the addition of more lights).

The song they opened up with MX/Hurts Like Heaven I think? I thought that was a really great opening and a great tune.

I'm the same as most others, I thought Elbow stole the show on Pyramid saturday.

Coldplay were very entertaining, Elbow were definitely the highlight of the evening. For me it was an evening with 2 headliners, both of whom clearly love the place, both of whom were happy that the sun had come out for them and both of whom the crowd responded really well to.

I had thought that coldplay were too 'easy' a booking previously, but I was very pleased to see them turn out a real crowd pleasing set. I suspect that they had listened to some of the feedback from rock am ring (too much new stuff, not enough REAL crowd pleasers) and when they pulled out shiver I was about as happy with the night as I ever could be.

I watched them on TV and thought they were pretty good.

However, it felt like it was a been there, done that! Seen this in 2005, with the addition of one album, not much could really be too different (apart from the addition of more lights).

The song they opened up with MX/Hurts Like Heaven I think? I thought that was a really great opening and a great tune.

I'm the same as most others, I thought Elbow stole the show on Pyramid saturday.

Edited by fingers_mark

I wasn't expecting too much from Coldplay as I thought it was a safe booking and that they were a little dull, but went along with our group and thought they were phenomenal.

The sing along to Viva la Vida will stay with me for a long time.

Was balling my eyes out just before they came on stage when Clarence's solo came on during Jungle land, and then was just an emotional wreck through the whole of Coldplay.

Coldplay were a fantastic, I knew they would be good but even as a fan I was blown away. Truly amazing performance and the fireworks, lasers, balloons, etc just added to it. I'm undecided as to who my favourite act was, its either; Morrissey, U2, or Coldplay (with Pulp not too far behind).

Coldplay were brilliant, however the atmosphere up near the sound desk was a bit naff where I was - much preferred U2 but then again I was smack bang at the front. Is it safe to say the combination of headline performances outdid previous years more than ever this year?

I went to see Coldplay a few years back on the viva la vida tour and thought they were rubbish, that chris martin couldnt sing for toffee and he let the crowd sing most of the gig for him. I was very dispointed at the time

I thought id give them another chance at Glastonbury and boy did they win me back. I stood to the side with a good view.I thought they played the gig of their lives and chris martin could sing properly and he only let the crowd sing in parts which is always good but when he use to do it in every song it got too much.

Great gig i think on the whole u2 v coldpaly debate im a u2 fan so i thought u2 were better if you like coldplay more you would have prefered coldplay. If you were a netural then i reckon you could go either way. Beyonce was awesome aswell

Not a big fan but Coldplay were the highlight of the weekend for me. Outstanding performance that should (assuming the music snobs allow themselves to be objective for once and don't just go for the default 'Coldplay are rubbish' position) go down as a classic headline slot.

Compared to the disappointment of U2 the previous night I was blown away.

Agree that Elbow were outstanding too and were the act I was most looking forward to seeing. They didn't disappoint! IMO Elbow will headline within the next 5 years.