Seems a bit, erm, quiet in here

Guest sifi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a shame if that is the case. As much as i like using facebook, it does not replace a lively messageboard of interesting discussions. You get so many more characters and points of views that you are unlikely to get amongst you inner circle of local friends

Ah, fair enough. I guess I've never had that way of thinking. If I want to know something quite specific/up-to-date, a forum would be my first port of call.

Every public group/page I've seen on facebook seems to have an overriding number of idiots :unsure:

as far as I'm aware there's been very little 'first-heard-on-Facebook' info about who is playing at fests this year - I'd say that Twitter beat it by a margin quite some way over tens times.

And all the same, efests succeeded at being ahead of both of them and everywhere else with an awful lot of stuff for the bigger bands at the bigger fests, not much different to any other year. What does vary year-on-year is what exactly efests gets to hear about - so while for once we weren't first with the Glasto headliners (tho we were closer to the correct ones than just about everywhere else), we had both the V and Reading/Leeds headliners spot on months before they were announced.

as far as I'm aware there's been very little 'first-heard-on-Facebook' info about who is playing at fests this year - I'd say that Twitter beat it by a margin quite some way over tens times.

And all the same, efests succeeded at being ahead of both of them and everywhere else with an awful lot of stuff for the bigger bands at the bigger fests, not much different to any other year. What does vary year-on-year is what exactly efests gets to hear about - so while for once we weren't first with the Glasto headliners (tho we were closer to the correct ones than just about everywhere else), we had both the V and Reading/Leeds headliners spot on months before they were announced.

I'm still here - well, sort of! Hello everyone.

I've hardly posted over the past 12 months or so because of various reasons - my daughter arriving in September, her subsequent time in hospital over Christmas/New Year and health scares since (she's fine - just had a nasty bout of pneumonia and a collapsed lung but has rallied really well and is the happiest little thing in the world right now).

Sometimes, posters just come and go - there was never any chance of me ever going to any festivals in 2011, so there was no point in me posting the usual inane bollocks about festivals when I can't go to any!!

I occasionally look in here though - and it is very quiet. I check the Dr Who and video games threads every so often, and shake my head at the football thread (VERY bored of constant top 4 discussion - but it's a board frequented by people across the country - and beyond).

I can't comment on general thread-dom because I haven't read them - I would have joined in any discussion as I used to, but I thought I break away from efests was the right thing to do with my personal circumstances. But it doesn't mean I don't think about many of you fine people.

Also, I'm feeling a lot older (the bloody baby didn't help) - I now have distinctive grey patches around both temples, and have taken to ordering my ale from a HANDLE GLASS down my local.

I'm also a bit greyer after Survival Sunday. Thanks, Hunty. Love you, man.

But I do want to know:

Do Neil and worm still argue over anything and everything?

Have ampersand's musical tastes improved?

How has sifi found the latest series of Dr Who?

Is Russy offending people on the Glasto boards? Any choice phrases?

In short - maybe one day I'll be back on here, and it's nothing against efests, nor the people who post on it. But I chose to stop using efests due to where I'm at right now, and it's been the correct decision.

But I do hope to see many familiar faces on here if/when I do come back. Which I hope I will.

I also hope you'll forgive the self-indulgent tone of this post but it's very tough to leave a forum you have grown to love over half a decade and 18,000 or so posts.

f**k - the youngest sproglet appears to be wailing. There is my cue!! Take it easy, folks. Here's to seeing you in a field at an unconfirmed location between 2013 and 2020!!

I'm so bored with things I got into a fight tonight. Well, I should say my face hurts a bit. Basically,I was walking home and these fat guys were arguing, so I laughed at them and kept going. But seemingly they took offence, so when I apologised for being a c**t he tried to push me over. Then [he started it] the next hour of my life was teasing him about being a fat f**k, and running away if he got too close, it was awesome. Basically he was fat as f**k, and was pretty shit at most things especially math. My face hurts from being punched but sometimes I think it's important to hit the ground with a bang and remember what you are. Not shit at math nor a fat f**k.