Old Gits Meet 2011

Guest DaveMac

Should it be Wednesday or Thursday?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should the OGM be on Wednesday or Thursday?

• Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Either day

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or look like it ;)

Think us females are old hags rather than old gits :P

More than happy to attend an old gits and hags meeting :D

A few years back us oldies were camping up in Home Ground when on the Thursday two beautiful 20 something festival virgins turned up and asked if there was space alongside our pitch. The place was rammed and they'd never put a tent up before.

Being gents we tried to help but the ground was too stony as it was close to the road. However we had a spare bedroom in our very big four bedroomed tent so offered them a space and they moved in. Every night we old farts would stagger back some time after midnight to find the youngsters fast asleep and snoring.

Kids today.... they can't stand the pace.

Edited by grumpyhack

Went to see the Small Fakers tribute band the other night with my 27 year old daughter. It was great, she knew all the songs and was dancing and singing along like a good 'un to songs like Lazy Sunday, which were hits before she was even born.

When she was about seven I was driving her to school and a remake of Monday, Monday came on the radio and she declared: "It's OK but not as good at the Mamas and Papas original."

That's my girl. Dunno where she gets it from!

Edited by grumpyhack

At 40 something and 51 (I'll tell you his age but keeping mine vague ;) ) we obviously qualify as old gits but being first timer old gits we'll probably be so overwhelmed by it all we'll get ourselves well and truly lost and disorientated! Will attempt it though can't be sure we'll make it :unsure:

I will attend as although I am still technically young, my music and outlook on life is not. Beside I will bring the wife who is most defiantly in the right category. Tip for you youngsters with older partners. Never and I mean never, put on a birthday card "now your half a century old etc" they don't like it, really don't like it.

Well, I went out with the boys last year to SL on the Thursday and I was just 32 then. May join you but may also be out with the girls on a bit of an Efests Hen Party. Which will probably end up in SL. Fancy joining us for cocktails? :D

First time I have been able to get on here today. Glad to see lots of people here are interested in joining in with the efest 'Old Gits Meet'. :)

I was expecting about half a dozen would 'sign up' tbh lol ;)

I think though as the majority favour it the OGM should take place on the Thursday - this means there is likely to more things open which gives a wider choice of things to do...

I do not have anything firm fixed yet as to best locations to head for so any good suggestions would be welcomed also any ideas for some kind of badge we can wear would be good too! - Victor Meldrew faces maybe ;)

I want us all to have another good time and a laugh so the more the merrier and let's have a few ideas fellow 'Gits and Hags' B)

Personally I would like to keep it simple with a few key places to visit over the evening would be ideal so we don't loose people across the site (as has happened in previous years)

Somewhere which has some token 'Oldie' link would be fine so long as there are good opportunities to dance about and let our hair down at some stage. :)

We could also include somewhere quieter in the Greenfields as a respite at some stage in the evening - just a thought.

Let me know what you think please.

Many Thanks

Dave

PS It goes without saying that NO miserable old gits need show up btw :P