This time in 4 weeks I'll be...

Guest spikytom

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering whether its worth the trek to be rammed in at Pyramid field for U2, and DEFINITELY avoiding mumford on Other.

Maybe I'll be at Spirit of 71 for the Crazy Mr Brown?

Having a properly awesome time, probably mid bimble looking for snackage! I am doing a tandem skydive tomorrow for charity and have decided that the only way i can handle the fear is to close my eyes and think of Glasto! Can't believe in four weeks we'll be there! :D

Having a properly awesome time, probably mid bimble looking for snackage! I am doing a tandem skydive tomorrow for charity and have decided that the only way i can handle the fear is to close my eyes and think of Glasto! Can't believe in four weeks we'll be there! :D

On my way to getting pretty merry, laughing and generally being happy about being there and have no more school and potentially exams, ever again. Oh the win it will be, bares not to think about as I sit here in front of my far from complete Art sketch book and millions of history notes.

In 4 weeks time I will be feeling rough as f**k and still be incredibly spaced out for a further few days. In 3 weeks time I should hopefully be just about getting up after watching Solstice from the top of the Tor :D

In 3 weeks...I will be preparing to go!

I had it confirmed by the doc this morning that my lung is repairing at a suitable rate. Am taking longer walks each day and using an incentive spirometer to rebuild capacity and apart from not being able to do much carrying of kit on the way in/out (that's what 2 teenage kids are for!) will be absolutely fine.

I have to admit I was crapping it a bit that I wasn't going to be fit to make it or that I'd end up doing myself a mischief and having to spend my weekend with a chest tube and not enjoying the delights of pilton's favourite party.

To cheer me up further, the weather has taken a turn for the better, I have another week signed off work and plenty of time to check out artists between now and then that might take my fancy at the festival in the (very few) gaps remaining where there's no music I want to see.

All in all pretty happy right now :D

In three weeks time I'll have just fininshed work (taking a half day) and I'll be on the bus home to transfer the Piles of StuffTM from the spare bedroom into my rucksack. We're staying with a friend halfway between home and Pilton, so we'll grab a few hours' kip then make a start down to the site at first light I think. In three weeks and one day I'll be set up and unpacked and ready for my favourite Glasto lunch - a pint of Strawberry Brothers and a Pieminister (hopefully they'll have some Matadors this year!)

In 3 weeks time I will be about to start lunch break followed by 2 hours of teaching and then running out of the building at 3:30 screaming in joy and hapiness, home to pack the car and think about setting off for a night in the west car parks :):):)

I had it confirmed by the doc this morning that my lung is repairing at a suitable rate. Am taking longer walks each day and using an incentive spirometer to rebuild capacity and apart from not being able to do much carrying of kit on the way in/out (that's what 2 teenage kids are for!) will be absolutely fine.

I have to admit I was crapping it a bit that I wasn't going to be fit to make it or that I'd end up doing myself a mischief and having to spend my weekend with a chest tube and not enjoying the delights of pilton's favourite party.

To cheer me up further, the weather has taken a turn for the better, I have another week signed off work and plenty of time to check out artists between now and then that might take my fancy at the festival in the (very few) gaps remaining where there's no music I want to see.

It was exactly that Karma killer, collapsed lung, with the excellent timing of occurring just 4 weeks before glastonbury. This time last monday I was still being given morphine and had a chest tube in, crapping it that I wouldn't be able to make it. Today I have walked about a mile in 3 stages, tomorrow I'll make the same distance in 2 and so on. Doc reckons I'm going to be fine (and he is going to the big chill in a few weeks and goes to reading each year, so was able to settle my concerns with real understanding and experience, quite simply the best doctors appointment I have had in my life).

I'm dead chuffed, the sun has come out, I've got my positivity and 3 weeks tonight I'll be in a field looking at the wrong side of the fence for the last time for the best few days of the year.