Glasto eFest Meets 2011

Guest DaveMac

Apologies if this topic has been already raised but was wondering what efest meets were going on this year to continue previous years tradition.. :)

I for one would like another chapter of the 'Old Gits' Meet on the Wedsnesday or possibly Thursday evening starting at the Cider Bus after the normal efest Cider Bus Meet. This would be open to anyone with ' Old Git' tendancies and not necesarily that old ;)

A few of us 'oldies' has a good laugh last year wandering around Shangri-la watching Nik Turner et al.. B)

Anyone with any suggestions put them here and I am sure plenty of threads will appear in the next few weeks leading up to Glasto.

These meets are especially good if you have arrived alone and you want a good bunch of instant likeminded chums to have fun with.

I look forward to seeing some of you likeminded folk at the Cider Bus - details to be finalised .... ;)

Best Wishes

Dave

NB bold italic text added later to post...

Edited by DaveMac

There doesnt seem to be much call for other meets this year other than the usual epic Wednesday one it would appear. Not even seen any proper shouts for the Thursday Real Ale which is a shame :(

Come on people, now is your chance to make a call for any kind of get together.

I'm arranging a Glasto style Hen Party for NomiNaomi on the Thursday but those details will be decided once I get there and check out places to visit beforehand.

There is the Flashmob being arranged as well as Fancy Dress Friday.

Maybe this year people just want to take and make time for themselves?

Real Ale Meet DOES need sorting though :)

Sorry I should have said meets leading on from the Cider Bus Meets. ;)

I will amend my original post to reflect this...

I for one would like another chapter of the 'Old Gits' Meet on the Wedsnesday or possibly Thursday evening starting at the Cider Bus after the normal efest Cider Bus Meet. This would be open to anyone with ' Old Git' tendancies and not necesarily that old ;)

A few of us 'oldies' has a good laugh last year wandering around Shangri-la watching Nik Turner et al.. B)

So what time are you getting to the bus on Wednesday Dave?

I turned up at the Lunar Sea lounge for the oldies last year but must have got the time wrong.

Edited by DaveMac

There doesnt seem to be much call for other meets this year other than the usual epic Wednesday one it would appear. Not even seen any proper shouts for the Thursday Real Ale which is a shame :(

Come on people, now is your chance to make a call for any kind of get together.

I'm arranging a Glasto style Hen Party for NomiNaomi on the Thursday but those details will be decided once I get there and check out places to visit beforehand.

There is the Flashmob being arranged as well as Fancy Dress Friday.

Maybe this year people just want to take and make time for themselves?

Real Ale Meet DOES need sorting though :)

I should be at the meet at 5pm Jon (or earlier if my arm gets twisted ;) ) so I hope to see you there or at CT beforehand...

I saw New Model Army with TimeSpeedsUp and HarrowStrongbowCiderman at the Lunar Sea Lounge. Sorry I missed you my friend! :(

Well, after the abuse and grief I got each time I tried to organise a "Gay Meet" I'm definately ruling out starting that one back up :ph34r:

I think there is the usual meet at the cider bus on the Wednesday with a minor one being on the Thursday B)

Damn, one more thing to pack. My best dress.

Hold on, that's what Oxfam's for isn't it? I'll buy a dress on the Thursday morning and wear it at the Glasto Tea Party. I'll happily give it back to Oxfam afterwards too, one less thing to carry back home afterwards.

***BUMP***

With all the interest on the boards now let's get some Glasto efest meets sorted asap!!! :D

Surely some common interests amongst us all. I haven't seen any 'Real ale', 'Pregnant at Glasto', 'Fancy Dress', threads for ages so lets get things started!

Great way to make lots of new friends and have fun on the Wednesday and Thursday. B)

I am sure I can get the 'Old Gits' meet underway again - anyone else up for this? Pehaps a new thread is in order.... ;)

Best Wishes to all

Dave

I think that the last couple of years, from reading here, it got a bit silly with the "under 23 but over 17, from south wales, but NOT newport, female wrestler" meets and so on.

The idea of things fracturing a bit following the cider bus sounds more organic, let everyone meet everyone and then make (and fail to stick to) plans for the rest of the week.

I know that I had carefully selected the 6 different meets that I fit the category for and then failed to make it any as I was (1) extremely drunk on the other side of the site at the time of the cider bus meet and (2) completely forgot about any plans made on the other side of the fence from that point on.

How old is old git, by the way? ;)

"I know that I had carefully selected the 6 different meets that I fit the category for and then failed to make it any as I was (1) extremely drunk on the other side of the site at the time of the cider bus meet and (2) completely forgot about any plans made on the other side of the fence from that point on"

hahaha Spindles, spot on.