The excitement thread

Guest let's 'ave it!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting really excited. Gladly the excitement isnt doing my workmates heads in.......Yet. One of my workmates has already decided to pop his glasto cherry in 2013 cos im that excited.

Looking forward to this years as im taking the kids and in-laws for the first time and it will be my first glasto with no chemical enhancements, which will be interesting to see how the vibe of the place is in a normal state of mind :lol:

I just love it once im there on the first day and that first little moment, whether its a conversation with a stranger, or someone/you helping someone else, or you notice how happy everyone is, when you can take a deep relaxing breath and think "Im back".

Getting really excited. Gladly the excitement isnt doing my workmates heads in.......Yet. One of my workmates has already decided to pop his glasto cherry in 2013 cos im that excited.

Looking forward to this years as im taking the kids and in-laws for the first time and it will be my first glasto with no chemical enhancements, which will be interesting to see how the vibe of the place is in a normal state of mind :lol:

I just love it once im there on the first day and that first little moment, whether its a conversation with a stranger, or someone/you helping someone else, or you notice how happy everyone is, when you can take a deep relaxing breath and think "Im back".

Edited by mrfunk

I'm so excited I keep having dreams about it. Last night I dreamt that every stage I went to what ever time of day or night Westlife was playing. Not a good dream then.

The other night I dreamt that it was raining so much that they gave you a canoe on the gates on the way in and you had to sail everywhere. I had to share a boat with my friends who refused to stop the boat to get some food and I was absolutely starving. :ph34r:

Don't get me started on dreams. I'm using nicotine patches at the moment and frankly my dreams are getting crazier every night, 28 days later entirely with a cast of cats was interesting, however last night I got to experience surviving the rapture, only to find that gypsies had moved into my garden, leaving me with no option but to hide behind the cooker.

I hate dreams.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with glastonbury, I have been enjoying my special coffee again, I'll nod off soon and stop spa...erm, actively posting.

Edited by Spindles

Don't get me started on dreams. I'm using nicotine patches at the moment and frankly my dreams are getting crazier every night, 28 days later entirely with a cast of cats was interesting, however last night I got to experience surviving the rapture, only to find that gypsies had moved into my garden, leaving me with no option but to hide behind the cooker.

I hate dreams.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with glastonbury, I have been enjoying my special coffee again, I'll nod off soon and stop spa...erm, actively posting.

I'm comming to the end of a marathon 9 days of work which will leave me with only 3 weeks to Glasto, going supply shopping next weekend.

And tonight i've just been hit with another huge wave of excitment after reading the 'bars' thread, and seeing peoples photos of all the different bars anc reminiscing about stumbling into random bars. I can't wait, just really wanna be there NOW!!!!

I have Glasto brain on!

Planning a day at the races on Fri, and taking some drink / food with us, a friend asks about glasses to drink box wine with, I replied with skip the glass drink out of the box/bag I was then informed it's LADIES DAY..... ops

I hate dreams.

Edited by StoneCircle

Guess you are trying to stop smoking, or have you stopped? I quit in 2005. I smoked 20+ Embassy No1 per day and had done for over 20 years! Lit up on waking and it was my final thing before bed, and if I woke in the night, I would go downstairs for a cigarette. I was an addict.

I read the Allen Carr book having tried patches, fake puffer thing, gum etc. The book also failed to make an impression, so as advised by the author I read it again. I got to chapter 4 and quit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306792032&sr=1-2

No cravings, no bad temper or weight gain, I just quit. I am a non smoker. Try it Spindles, buy it 2nd hand for 1p + postage of Amazon and let me know if it has worked! :)

PS I use Dutch Spirit these days to roll, you can buy it off eBay! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dutch-Spirit-Herbal-Tobacco-30g-1oz-Pouch-/160583599107?pt=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item2563874403#ht_500wt_949

tested my air mattress this weekend and its perfect, no holes, bit lumpy and old but better than sleeping on the floor :D gonna check out my tent later in the week and make sure its all A ok, the rum and cider is arriving tonight on tesco delivery and i'm gonna start packing everything so i can see how much weight i'm dealing with...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D:D:D

my cup runneth over!

I like it, and don't cough my lungs up using it as I was going using just a pipe or blunts! As much as anything I missed the ritual of rolling!

The great thing is I wake up the next day with no longing for a normal cigarette! :)

Brilliant recommendation stone, many thanks, will grab a pack to try out. Forced to quit for health reasons in order to be able to make it to glastonbury this year (collapsed a lung about 10 days ago) so have a really strong reason to quit. I've been boiling my doobage in milk and making coffee with it, which has been fine (if massively wasteful in comparison to a reefer) but obviously not going to be a suitable solution for glastonbury.

I'm 100% committed to quitting the ciggies, but, well...green is too much part of what I'm all about to see that leave my life. Special coffee is great (particularly if you make it with pure kief, but there is NEVER enough of that to go round ;)) and allows me to maintain my balance without being a slave to the tobacco leaf.