Efestivals Meeting at Cider Bus Weds / Thurs

Guest Staberinde

I shall definitely be there again, was awesome last time. I didn't have any of that homebrew but heard it was very nice and caused a few black spots for a short while in people's memories :lol:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have planned to attend the last couple of years and have wussed out/forgotten/fallen asleep/delete as applicable.

I will try to make it, but I am a bumbling idiot and would probably just stand in a corner looking stupid and talking to myself.

I'll be there again no doubt with my efest tee shirt.... ;)

Looking forward to seeing all my friends again. :)B):D

Are there any other meets planned/in idea form currently just to get the ball rolling to start getting ideas into heads for all the additional fun that can and does go on?

I am aware the Friday Fancy Dress is in the planning and following The Coxmeister's tweet that came through in the last couple of hours, I am going to instigate an Uncaged Monkey Meet :D Geeks unite!

Real Ale? Same time same place?

Is there a Post Pregnant at Glasto from last year and instead of being pregnant its the Meet the Babies Meet maybe? (Try and get a certain Ms Emily in on this one, she is sprogging in the next couple of weeks!)

Will there be some just as epic as the Flashmob Wedding Proposal happening?

Singles...someone else can sort that ;)

Edited by indisguise

I have planned to attend the last couple of years and have wussed out/forgotten/fallen asleep/delete as applicable.

I will try to make it, but I am a bumbling idiot and would probably just stand in a corner looking stupid and talking to myself.

I think there should be a shy folks thread. Every year there are loads of people that post here after glasto, wishing that they had wandered over and said hello at the cider bus but were too shy at the time. Perhaps if all the shy folk get to know each other on here first, then maybe arrange to meet pre-bus so that they can descend on the bus as a group, it would make it less daunting. Or am I just putting another cog in the wheel and the shyness meet will be poorly attended due to shyness :huh:

I know it's easy to say now, but there really is no need to be shy at the bus. Most people don't know each other so the burden of awkwardness is a shared one. Getting blind drunk helps too :)

As said earlier on the thread, one of the best ways to incite conversation and beat the shyness bug is to get an efestivals tshirt and stand around the other people in efest tshirts :)

I've twice gone along to the meets at the Cider Bus at the times advertised but I can never tell who is from e-festivals. Subsequently I have never met anyone yet.

I would love to come along on the Thursday meet this year. Will there be people wearing t-shirts or can someone bring a sign of some sort?

Thanks

I think there should be a shy folks thread. Every year there are loads of people that post here after glasto, wishing that they had wandered over and said hello at the cider bus but were too shy at the time. Perhaps if all the shy folk get to know each other on here first, then maybe arrange to meet pre-bus so that they can descend on the bus as a group, it would make it less daunting. Or am I just putting another cog in the wheel and the shyness meet will be poorly attended due to shyness :huh:

I know it's easy to say now, but there really is no need to be shy at the bus. Most people don't know each other so the burden of awkwardness is a shared one. Getting blind drunk helps too :)

As said earlier on the thread, one of the best ways to incite conversation and beat the shyness bug is to get an efestivals tshirt and stand around the other people in efest tshirts :)

Of course the big fluoro flag will be there (waits for the usual picture to get posted...Mikey??? ;) )

Dofs cap :D

@Crispy Red - People with white name labels on are usually the ones to try and say hello to. Not everyone wears their Efest tee and it can be a confusing crush but from 6pm without fail there are a LOT of Efesters in the area, usually near the back of the grass area, to the right of the beer bar, also in front of that area, congregating around the concrete benches and then maybe, if we are lucky again this year, congregating around homemade booze :D

Dofs cap :D

@Crispy Red - People with white name labels on are usually the ones to try and say hello to. Not everyone wears their Efest tee and it can be a confusing crush but from 6pm without fail there are a LOT of Efesters in the area, usually near the back of the grass area, to the right of the beer bar, also in front of that area, congregating around the concrete benches and then maybe, if we are lucky again this year, congregating around homemade booze :D

I will sort some group pictures from previous years if this helps. I dont think many of us have changed in the past year :P