Headliner act for park secret slot

Guest brettredmayne

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting that they are in spain (kasabian) in June? Their official website says they are playing two festivals (IOW/Rockness) and 4 or 5 dates in UK, but no spain dates as far as I can see

Edit: strike that - I can see they are playing Dcode, the festival running 24th/25th June Kasabian playing the 25th (MCR on the 24th) - so leaves them open potentially for a friday night appearance - although the kasabian website says 24th/25th the dcode festival has them listed as playing the saturday night - cant imagine they would headline it both nights

Edited by MamaJojo

If this FLK lark is true and it is Cauty and Drummond back at it, can you imagine how AMAZING that would be, their tunes blasting out of Park Stage? What a return.

However, I highly doubt it, but we can dream.

Edited by olliet101

Guest blackcockerel

Emily has been quoted saying that the secret act is a "potential headliner". This would have to rule out Jay Z, Killers, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys and Pulp as they have already done so. Kasbian have been the bridesmaid twice but never the bride, so my money is on them. Plus they are playing Isle of Wight 2 weeks before.

This might be a daft question .But do they announce who the special guests are on worthy fm while we are at the festival? i missed out last year.every one but me seemed to know the 2 lads from radiohead where on up in the park.

This might be a daft question .But do they announce who the special guests are on worthy fm while we are at the festival? i missed out last year.every one but me seemed to know the 2 lads from radiohead where on up in the park.

But why would FLC be a 'special guest'? Why not just have them on the bill? Don't get me wrong, I love them and have enjoyed two great shows by them at Glastonbury but would they also still be classifed as 'potential headliners'?

I'm still raw from the whole Hot Rats experience - choosing to miss someone good elsewhere (Fleet Foxes I think) in the hope of a cracking surprise only for two of Supergrass to come out and play some Karoake numbers!

Sadly its likely to be Fat Freddys Drop or KT Tunstall or Cast or something like that!

Personally, I'd love Emily to use the opportunity of having loads of people turning up to showcase something new - Wu Lyf or OFWGKTA.

Or the FLK of course :ph34r:

Didn't journey to the Park last year so missed it on Friday, which was a big regret. But if it's Pulp, which has to be the favourite, I have seen them at their peak so couldn't miss Morrisey who I've never seen.

Knowing my luck it'll be Arcade Fire or Foo Fighters and Mozzer will walk off after two songs. :D

Pulp - likely

Arcade Fire - just not happening this time

Strokes - nailed on for 2013 I reckon

Jay Z - could be

Dre - highly unlikely but would be gutted to miss it

Foos - hope not!

Given what Emily Eavis just said on 6music. My money is now on Pulp on Saturday as that would definitely be sorted already and Beady Eye on Friday. As Michael Eavis said last month on Worthy FM that he'd love Beady Eye to play but they weren't on the bill yet & asked Liam to give him a call.