2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think/hope Korn will play, but doubt they would go third over Lostprophets... same with You Me At Six. Maybe Lostprophets -> Placebo -> Bloc Party instead?

Prophets are still pretty big though I think, bigger than people realise. The Betrayed was fairly successful, went gold and got to number three (better than My Chemical Romance's latest album, and they were considered big enough to headline), and the new album could boost their popularity.

The Cure

Florence & The Machine

Placebo

Korn

Two Door Cinema Club

Feeder

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Kaiser Chiefs

You Me At Six

Enter Shikari

Bring Me The Horizon

Foo Fighters

The Black Keys

Tenacious D

At the Drive In

The Maccabees

Foster The People

Not too different from Hart Attack's, but I can see it being similar to this.

I think BMTH said they're not doing any more shows until they've got a new album, although I seem to remember Shikari saying the same thing last year and playing anyway. And that would be a good alternative to the indie on main.

Also I reckon Bloc Party are better suited to subbing The Cure, I was reading up on them a few weeks ago and remember seeing that they named The Cure as one of their biggest influences, and their sound fits a bit better to lead into them, whereas Florence fits in with the lighter Saturday rather than the alternative/heavier Friday.

Think Lostprophets will be there somewhere, even if it's not as high as I have them. Surely wouldn't be any lower than fourth or headlining second?

But yeah, same sort of direction there, generally the sort of thing I'm expecting.

The Cure

Florence & The Machine

Placebo

Korn

Two Door Cinema Club

Feeder

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Kaiser Chiefs

You Me At Six

Enter Shikari

Bring Me The Horizon

Foo Fighters

The Black Keys

Tenacious D

At the Drive In

The Maccabees

Foster The People

Not too different from Hart Attack's, but I can see it being similar to this.

They got a lot of dreadful reviews in 2010 so I can't see that there was anything there to convince the organisers that they were too low. At least Deftones had a successful album and subbed Download in between playing 5th and 4th, I haven't seen anything to suggest that Lostprophets are a bigger band now than in 2010. If they can command a third place this year then all faith in music is lost and the organisers really are just falling back on easy options.

Someone made a point about JEW moving up a slot without doing anything which was a good point, but if Lostprophets can move up to third without doing anything other than just being available then the line-up must be pretty shit.

Edited by mrtourette

Jimmy Eat World had a new album out, I don't think that it did epsecially well but that was more then likely why they were moved up.

Seen that Two Door Cinema Club are now TBC I'm not that bothered about missing them if they are headlining the tent. I'd much rather see Foo Fighters if that was the case.

I think having a new ablum out is a reason for a band to be touring and to be put on the bill, but alone it isn't really enough to move up a slot. A successful album or one that raises their profile yes, but not just releasing a new album (I'm sure a number of bands have been on the bill as they have a new album out but at a lower slot than they've played before).

Edited by mrtourette

Jimmy Eat World had a new album out, I don't think that it did epsecially well but that was more then likely why they were moved up.

Seen that Two Door Cinema Club are now TBC I'm not that bothered about missing them if they are headlining the tent. I'd much rather see Foo Fighters if that was the case.

Edited by jump