arcade fire before u2 on the friday

Guest deanieo

I like Sprawl II musically, but the lyrics feel a bit too much like a hipster girl's dream and go right through me (see: "Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock"). I absolutely love the Depeche Mode breakdown at the end of the song though. It's just what Sprawl II does well, Half Light II does staggeringly.

And Toilet Duck, actually Suburban War and Deep Blue are also two of my Suburban favourites! Maybe our taste has converged back?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brixton shows were brilliant which wasn't a suprise, the o2 shows still being amazing most definitely was just because I hate the venue so much.

God this is depressing. I really, really don't know if I can bring myself to part with that much money to endure Mumford & Sons. And it's not made any better by the Americans getting The National and the Europeans getting Spoon (I think). Gahhh.

You're not the only one who's thought about this. Then I checked my bank balance, gave myself a slap and got a grip. But yeah...saw TN a couple of nights in December followed by a couple of nights of AF at the O2 and it took me quite a while to come down from that. Was a brilliant week :D Am comforting myself with repeatedly looking at the Primavera line up!

That was one of my worst weeks last year. My girlfriend and I had the most unbelievable attack of the flu. I was planning on two nights of The National and one of Arcade Fire or vice versa depending on who I get drag with me and ended up bailing on The National as couldn't face it by myself feeling like death warmed up and then took a seating ticket to just one night of Arcade Fire. Added to about 8 hours spent travelling around London selling tickets to people over the internet at the last minute to avoid losing vast amounts of money and it added up to a pretty shit week!

Thanks for mentioning specific songs I hadn't heard before, spent a lovely afternoon trawling Youtube. I play the whole of Neon Bible over and over along with a couple of other tunes like Rebellion, Wake up and the newer stuff, so haven't heard everything AF have done. Although did see them at Leeds couple of years ago and really liked them.

Extreme goosebumps all round to In the backseat and My body is a cage.

Cheers.

Thanks for mentioning specific songs I hadn't heard before, spent a lovely afternoon trawling Youtube. I play the whole of Neon Bible over and over along with a couple of other tunes like Rebellion, Wake up and the newer stuff, so haven't heard everything AF have done. Although did see them at Leeds couple of years ago and really liked them.

Extreme goosebumps all round to In the backseat and My body is a cage.

Cheers.

Yeah i agree they werent that great or maybe just the experience wasnt that great due to the terrible sound in 2007 but a twilight or headline pyramid slot this year would have been the stuff of legend. Im still not gonna believe they're not playing until its official but i am an eternal optimist :)

They've peaked now. By the time Glasto returns in 2013 they'll be playing working mens clubs. ;)

Look, Arcade Fire are NOT playing before U2 and NOT even playing Glasto 2011 so can we get this thread locked off now please?

If Glasto had wanted them that bad , they should have tried harder

If Arcarde Fire wanted it that bad , they should have tried harder

Both in 2010 and 2011

:angry:

I dunno about in more recent years, but before AF ever played Glastonbury I know that one year Glastonbury tried incredibly hard to get AF and AF decided to take other bookings instead.