Second stage headliners confirmed

Guest luckysalt

Confirmed

Friday second stage - Pendulum

Saturday second stage - Alice Cooper - clashing with System Of A Down

Sunday second stage - Rob Zombie

by AC on twitter

Rob is playing Sunday and he just said Pendulum aren't playing the same day as SOAD, who are saturday so they must be Friday, leaving Alice Cooper up against SOAD

If he books Soundgarden to headline now then I think they are desperate tbh.

Either that,or AC is crap at PR.

He has already said they aren't big enough and there isn't any interest in them. Their compilation album reached number 83 in the charts when released last year which is pityful. Not really a way to sell a festival headliner is it?

I can't see Soundgarden headlining, but if they get a headline gig it would be at Download I guess and it isn't like every headliner in the past has been big so could happen. Shot himself in the foot saying they aren't big enough though, makes it look really weak and he'll deserve some stick for that.

Yeah I thought I had heard that he had said soundgarden were not big enough to headline.

He also said that he wouldn't book Smashing Pumpkins as a headliner.

Yet he didn't say he wouldn't book both as co-headliners. (Very, very wishful thinking).

I'm still not sure that he would put soundgarden top of the bill unless he was struggling for bands, but I'm quite sure that there are other bands around that are available that he hasn't ruled out.

Either that or he loves to contradict himself.

Well that sucks. I'd have loved to have seen Alice Cooper.

Andy Copping is a tool regarding comments he makes. It could be Soundgarden, but it's a huge turn-around. Why's everyone ruling out Tool all of a sudden?

No chance for co-headliners surely? Between Billy's ego and everything...

Official statement via metal hammer from AC regarding stage 2 and other headline acts

Only Friday main stage and special guest for Friday main to confirm

Im going for Soundgarden and velvet Revolver just behind them

use this link for the info

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/8-things-you-might-not-know-about-last-nights-download-announcement/?ns_service=mail&ns_robot=partner-communicator&ns_mail_uid=818&ns_mail_job=883712&ns_campaign=metalhammer-newsletter&ns_source=Communicator&ns_mchannel=Email&ns_linkname=Untitled2&ns_fee=0&fp_recipient=gibbydanzig@yahoo.co.uk

Look a bit big but should work if not check out metal hammer.com for details

He's said that before! In 2009 there was uproar about the Prodigy/Slipknot Clash he said he'd see what he could do, but in the end, could do nothing.

To a lesser extent, there was a number of people complaining about Stone Sour/Aerosmith last year but nothing was done about that either.

So Im not holding my breath!