The next 20

Guest tommyramone666

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading all this negativity about the bands playing I wonder does anyone else just go for the festival experience? Sure I like and expect to see some of the bands but most of what I see will be spur of the moment. I like hearing new bands and if there's something I really don't like you can get between stages quickly at DL. Getting close to the front is a piece of cake too. (except Rock Sugar last year, that tent was rammed). I go to drink in beer and life, watch bands and have a good time with my pals but also to meet people. There are very few bands I reckon are absolute must sees and even fewer are must miss. I pity those of you doing the angst thing about it all. :blink:

Reading all this negativity about the bands playing I wonder does anyone else just go for the festival experience? Sure I like and expect to see some of the bands but most of what I see will be spur of the moment. I like hearing new bands and if there's something I really don't like you can get between stages quickly at DL. Getting close to the front is a piece of cake too. (except Rock Sugar last year, that tent was rammed). I go to drink in beer and life, watch bands and have a good time with my pals but also to meet people. There are very few bands I reckon are absolute must sees and even fewer are must miss. I pity those of you doing the angst thing about it all. :blink:

Well, until this announcement I was wasn't at all sure about going, but I'm now just about ok with it. LP and SOAD just don't do it for me, but now there's enough there to keep me and the Mrs happy, Cult, Cooper, Alter Bridge, and yes I actually like Pendulum. It'll also be interesting to see how the reformed Mr Big are.

I've not got my credit card out yet, but almost.

See, when I saw 'Mr Big' I thought I'd missed something, that there was another 'Mr Big' of which I was blissfully unaware, and that they were really, really good.

Now it seems not. So Im left with.. 'Really?' :0

Forger all this Mr Big talk

what about...

GWAR!!!!!!!!!

Total surprise they were announced, should be great live, they put on a hell of a show I ain't getting nowhere near the front to soaked in blood!

9 bands who were announced last night have never played download before. Maybe you don't like those acts but how can you moan about repeat bookings, yes Bullet and Pendulum have recently have had high slots as well as Korn [which you don't mind] but they're very popular acts. Linkin park haven't played Download for 4 years, System of a Down haven't played for 6 years and haven't played a show in the UK for 5 years, Rob Zombie has never done a UK festival before, and before his UK tour in Feb hasn't played the UK in 12 years, Danzig has never played a UK festival before.

I think he's done a good job, just seems that no matter what he does people are gunna moan, and you have the right to, if you don't like the line up, yes you don't have to go, but to moan saying too many repeat and no new acts, well clearly is wrong. As about half of whats been announced have never been at Download before