Pukkelpop 2011

Guest johnybegood

Think I located the nearby campsite, looks like there's one 5-6K away, about 3 miles like you say. Found it entirely by chance on googlemaps. Think I book marked it at work so will get the link if I did, and post.

Pity there's no hostels nearby. Hotels are expensive and the only other tip I was given was to turn up "well late" and get in overflow camping, which is further away but not a farce!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, think I've seen that campsite too. Would be interesting to know if its any good. Think its far enough away as not to be inundated - and I don't mind getting a cab after the last gig. Would probbaly stick a VERY CHEAP tent in the main campsite and use that for going back to in the day.

The camping wouldn't be so bad if it was organised a little better. Some sort of queuing system and opening the campsite earlier would be preferable. The congestion and farce at 11-12 in the morning is beyond anything I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it looks like Foo Fighters will be one of the headliners but I've also picked up that Fleet Foxes were confirmed (possibly by accident?) on a Belgian radio station. A good friend of mine who has been to every edition also told me tonight that Tool are playing but she hasn't said yet where she heard it from. I've no reason to doubt that it is true as she has her ear to the ground every year but I can't find any trace of it online yet. I'd also imagine that a few of the bands in the Lowlands announcement will play, most likely Interpol, the Wombats and Bullet for my Valentine.

After resigning myself to the fact that there was virtually no chance of me making Pukkelpop this summer, it may actually work out that I can go after all!! Nothing is confirmed yet, aside from the hotel that I booked a while ago knowing I could cancel it without charge, but things are looking like they may well fall into place so I can make it 5 years in a row!!!!! The friends I go with are up for it so I'll see how things are looking when tickets come out in a month or so and hopefully I'll be able to get booked up :D:D:D

So it looks like Foo Fighters will be one of the headliners but I've also picked up that Fleet Foxes were confirmed (possibly by accident?) on a Belgian radio station. A good friend of mine who has been to every edition also told me tonight that Tool are playing but she hasn't said yet where she heard it from. I've no reason to doubt that it is true as she has her ear to the ground every year but I can't find any trace of it online yet. I'd also imagine that a few of the bands in the Lowlands announcement will play, most likely Interpol, the Wombats and Bullet for my Valentine.

After resigning myself to the fact that there was virtually no chance of me making Pukkelpop this summer, it may actually work out that I can go after all!! Nothing is confirmed yet, aside from the hotel that I booked a while ago knowing I could cancel it without charge, but things are looking like they may well fall into place so I can make it 5 years in a row!!!!! The friends I go with are up for it so I'll see how things are looking when tickets come out in a month or so and hopefully I'll be able to get booked up :D:D:D

I signed up to say that Tool will definitely not be on the lineup. Just today, Tool released a newsletter saying they had many offerings to play both in the States and abroad; however, they are focusing on a new CD this summer.

Foo Fighters miiiggghhttt be possible, but I've heard more confident rumors of them headlining Lollapalooza, which is pretty much the same weekend of Pukkelpop (if not the weekend after).

I'm guessing Arcade Fire since they'll be touring Europe extensively July through September, and possibly either Underworld/Chem Bros (live) judging by touring schedules.

- Alan

3rd year in a row for us, hotel is already booked (surprised they're allowing us back to be honest!)

Here's hoping as always for Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers (very strong possibility in my opinion) and Royksopp. Hopeful for the Go! team, Manics and the Strokes.

Have a feeling either Kanye West or Snoop Dogg will be there as well. Wouldn't mind Blondie or Duran Duran for a bit of a nostalgia sing along as well.

A guy on one of the local forums has said that Dorian Concept will be playing on Saturday 20th August. I can't find any trace of the source but he's usually pretty reliable and the fact he's put a date to it must mean they've self-confirmed somewhere. I've had a quick listen on their myspace and they sound pretty good; think a slot in the Chateau or possibly the Club is likely.

From what I can decipher via google translate, the organiser has said that the first names will be announced on the 3rd week of March. If that is the case then we could be looking at next week, probably Tuesday if previous years are anything to go by. I've been looking at a lot of the other line ups for festivals around the same time as Pukkelpop and I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think the headliners will be Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, the Strokes, Chemical Brothers, Pulp and Interpol. However, I've yet to be even remotely close on my previous predictions so I doubt this year will be any different :P

As for advice for a first timer, get yourself a couple of beers one night and go through last years thread as there's loads of good info to add to what Ben and Truffs have said :D

Just so you know, we have recently added Pukkelpop to the list of festivals we cover, and are offering airport transfers to the festival from Amsterdam Schipol and Brussels Charleroi airports.

Amsterdam is the perfect place for a pre- or post-festival break, and is just a 3 hour bus ride away from Pukkelpop. Book your seats now for just £20 per person each way.

Charleroi is just a couple of hours from Kiewit, but making the trip by public transport can be a real hassle. Why not save yourself the bother and pre-book a seat on one of our buses for just £15 per person each way?

Full details are available on the website at www.eufest.com/pukkelpop, and if you have any questions then just call us on 0844 232 4475 or email us for more info.

Derm B)

A guy on one of the local forums has said that Dorian Concept will be playing on Saturday 20th August. I can't find any trace of the source but he's usually pretty reliable and the fact he's put a date to it must mean they've self-confirmed somewhere. I've had a quick listen on their myspace and they sound pretty good; think a slot in the Chateau or possibly the Club is likely.

From what I can decipher via google translate, the organiser has said that the first names will be announced on the 3rd week of March. If that is the case then we could be looking at next week, probably Tuesday if previous years are anything to go by. I've been looking at a lot of the other line ups for festivals around the same time as Pukkelpop and I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think the headliners will be Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, the Strokes, Chemical Brothers, Pulp and Interpol. However, I've yet to be even remotely close on my previous predictions so I doubt this year will be any different :P

As for advice for a first timer, get yourself a couple of beers one night and go through last years thread as there's loads of good info to add to what Ben and Truffs have said :D