Bestival 2011

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a massive fan of the Cure I really wanted to go to bestival - but money is a big issues and having already booked Glasto etc just couldn't see a way of doing it.

However.....

Got called into the office by my boss today - and as a thank you they have decided to pay for me to go to Bestival (inc ferry cost and possibly some spends!) so....

I'M GOING TO BESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be for the 4th year running :)

As far as I know there is no eFest Camp as such, past few years the few of us from here who do go, meet up and camp in the official forums camp.

I'm going this year with a friend and maybe more, first time ever at Bestival. Pretty excited already :)

Just wondering how many more acts are to be announced? It's looking great already though

Edited by DavidWM

The nextmen have done a pretty ace Bestival/Camp Bestival mix, which is downloadable from the nme website here:

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=122&p=10355&title=download_a_free_bestival_mixtape&more=1&c=1

Enjoy!

I'm going this year with a friend and maybe more, first time ever at Bestival. Pretty excited already :)

Just wondering how many more acts are to be announced? It's looking great already though

Has the fancy dress theme been announced? All I could find was the party at KoKo was a rockstar/diva theme & this was repeated in my gfs fashion mag, with that bird off T4, that it would be the theme for the actual fest.

(Hope that makes sense)

My fancy dress was a bit disappointing last year as I only bought my tickets a day before the festival. Want to make up for it this year!

Apparently there'll be a good amount of people going on their own so I don't think you should worry too much about that. It seems other festivals would view you as a bit of a Billy no-mates but Bestival's crowd strikes me as being a little different - could make friends for life there.

Odd FUture, Tom Vek, Professor Green, Hercules and Love affair, Kitty daisy and Lewis, Crystal fighters, Ghostpoet, Sound of Rum, Paul Kalkbrenner and loads more!

And DJs - DJ krush, pearson sound, appleblim, danny byrd, chris coco, joakim, filthy dukes and many more...