Leftfield (The Band)

Guest DiscoDolly

Full band set up ...live instruments and vocalists are those who appeared on original recordings in most cases. I kid you not when i say i there were literally tears of joy in my eyes when Afro Left was performed, it was stunning!. The band performed for almost two hours and i honestly put the concert in my top 5 of all shows ive ever seen (it really was that good). The atmosphere in the Barrowlands was electric, The sound was as near perfect as you can get at a live gig and the band themselves were perfection. A night im gonna remember for the rest of my life

:D

Can Leftfield be called a 'band' when on this tour only Neil Barnes (one half of said band) is performing with the musical support from old friends? Paul Daley is not able to do the tour (I cannot remember why, sorry). I do get a bit confused with the official titling of a collective of just 2 blokes who twiddle with knobs. Are they a band or a group?

As for the need for Paul Daley on the tour, not sure as Neil Barnes was the one who did all the vocoder work, hence creating the 'sound' of Leftfield in tracks like Africa Shox.

Saw them for the first time in nearly 10 years at LED in August. Beyond awesome. Very glad whatever is officially or unofficially is Leftfield back on stage :D

^^^^WSH

I too saw Leftfield at LED and they were absolutely amazing, I will never forget when they dropped Phat Planet for the encore nearly knocked me off my feet. Only complaint was that it was not loud enough, something that I expect them to put right on Friday 03 December at The Brixton Academy I can not wait for that.

I saw Underworld there this weekend, now they were loud, so I am expecting Leftfield to bring the ceiling down: again!!

It was so loud. I remember at one point near the end of the set (during Song of Life I think), there was just a wall of bass blasting out of the speakers and there were girls screaming and holding their ears.

I just hoped they haven't dumbed down on that aspect of their live act :)

saw them in Leeds last week and was seriously impressed

yes effectively its an old set, but class never goes out of fashion and the quality of the sound was incredible

LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of bass.. how big you'd hope it to be but is very rarely experienced

IIIIIIIIIIIF i get a ticket then i hope they'll be there in the glade getting mentalist

Edited by deschwah

Full band set up ...live instruments and vocalists are those who appeared on original recordings in most cases. I kid you not when i say i there were literally tears of joy in my eyes when Afro Left was performed, it was stunning!. The band performed for almost two hours and i honestly put the concert in my top 5 of all shows ive ever seen (it really was that good). The atmosphere in the Barrowlands was electric, The sound was as near perfect as you can get at a live gig and the band themselves were perfection. A night im gonna remember for the rest of my life

:D

sound at the barras was pretty poor,, not very loud at all and bass was crap....anybody that was impressed by the sound needs to get out more

if your talking about homelands scotland you didn't miss much The-End tent completely drowned them out with their thunderidge sound system, standing 40ft from the front at Leftfield and all you could hear was the bass from the end

Homelands in Winchester was a different story though, but Leftfield could'nt be bothered to take the sound system to Scotland

Dreadzone refer to him a member, and he's in all their current promotional group shots.

Yes, he still works outside Dreadzone, perhaps even for the majority of his time (?), and I agree that he certainly didn't rise to fame due to his involvement with Dreadzone, but that doesn't mean he's not a Dreadzone member and vocalist. He's got lots of fingers in lots of pies, like many other musicians, and I decided that the Dreadzone pie was the most relevant one to mention in a one line summary of him, given the fact that the comment was about his involvement with the not completely dissimilar dance act that we're discussing on this thread.

I'm not trying to have an argument about it, but...

He's done far more of his own output since his involvement with Dreadzone than he's done with Dreadzone. And his wiki page gives his working with Dreadzone the very briefest of mentions, no bigger than it gives for his workings with Leftfield.

To me he'll always be an occasional Dreadzone member rather than a full member - because that's the reality of his Dreadzone involvement, he appears with them far less than he doesn't appear with them.

sound at the barras was pretty poor,, not very loud at all and bass was crap....anybody that was impressed by the sound needs to get out more

if your talking about homelands scotland you didn't miss much The-End tent completely drowned them out with their thunderidge sound system, standing 40ft from the front at Leftfield and all you could hear was the bass from the end

Homelands in Winchester was a different story though, but Leftfield could'nt be bothered to take the sound system to Scotland

Leftfield are true originals, Leftism was massively influential and surely up there as one of the best dance music albums of all time if not the best. It was released in the mid 90s FFS and still sounds fresh and original today, not many albums from that era have stood the test of time so well.

If in any doubt please see below :)

Edited by rubenz