U2

Guest daley

On 2/13/2023 at 6:00 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Digging this ancient bit of history out.

So, U2XUV, is that what we're calling it? Colour me curious.

Trying an inversion on how they approached the run behind The Joshua Tree a few years ago and working backwards to invert their discography. Bear with...

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights

Zoo Station
Even Better Than the Real Thing
One
Until the End of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10 So Cruel
11 The Fly
12 Mysterious Ways
13 Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
14 Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
15 Acrobat
16 Love is Blindness

17 Where the Streets Have No Name
18 Sunday Bloody Sunday
19 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
20 Pride (In the Name of Love)
21 With or Without You
22 I Will Follow

That would do just grand.

That would be cool tbf.

I ponder if Zooropa or Pop might get a song or two sneak in, given celebration the 90s logically means throwing in those harder sell albums.

Though I say this as someone who likes Pop, which isn't necessarily something U2 themselves seem to have been at times.

14 minutes ago, charlierc said:

They've not announced specific dates yet, have they?

I think there's an element of worrying about that first, then we'll see the unquestionably pricey ticket cost we'll be confronted with.

Rumour is its 2 gigs a week over 5 weeks around October-November. (obvously with the obligatory wiggle room to add more) the venue can hold 17,500 according to wikipedia reckon with the current state of affairs regarding tickets along with being in vegas you'l be lucky to see a face value ticket below $200. 

On 2/13/2023 at 6:00 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Digging this ancient bit of history out.

So, U2XUV, is that what we're calling it? Colour me curious.

Trying an inversion on how they approached the run behind The Joshua Tree a few years ago and working backwards to invert their discography. Bear with...

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights

Zoo Station
Even Better Than the Real Thing
One
Until the End of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10 So Cruel
11 The Fly
12 Mysterious Ways
13 Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
14 Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
15 Acrobat
16 Love is Blindness

17 Where the Streets Have No Name
18 Sunday Bloody Sunday
19 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
20 Pride (In the Name of Love)
21 With or Without You
22 I Will Follow

That would do just grand.

Thanks for that. I was more than happy not to even consider going to this. That has completely changed my mind as its pretty realistic. Probably going to spend a load of money again (I did Singapore for the Joshua Tree tour!)

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

That would be cool tbf.

I ponder if Zooropa or Pop might get a song or two sneak in, given celebration the 90s logically means throwing in those harder sell albums.

Though I say this as someone who likes Pop, which isn't necessarily something U2 themselves seem to have been at times.

That's a good reason to ponder. The nineties output outside from the obvious tends to get the short end of the stick.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thanks for that. I was more than happy not to even consider going to this. That has completely changed my mind as its pretty realistic. Probably going to spend a load of money again (I did Singapore for the Joshua Tree tour!)

Ah, that was meant to be a terrific show. Saw the one at Twickenham, which reinforced a strong dislike of rugby union, above all else. Proper nosebleed territory.

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That's a good reason to ponder. The nineties output outside from the obvious tends to get the short end of the stick.

Ah, that was meant to be a terrific show. Saw the one at Twickenham, which reinforced a strong dislike of rugby union, above all else. Proper nosebleed territory.

I saw The Police at Twickenham in the rafters. Someone told me to sit down during Maximo Park. I asked if they were watching it. They said no. I said "Fuck off then".

🤣

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Superscally said:

I saw The Police at Twickenham in the rafters. Someone told me to sit down during Maximo Park. I asked if they were watching it. They said no. I said "Fuck off then".

🤣

I had a discussion about standing in seats elsewhere the other day on this site, oddly enough. 😄

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I recall getting cheap-as-chips - or what felt like it - for nosebleeds on the last few tours.

But if there's a single ticket below $150 pre-fees for this, I'd be staggered.

Yes, they do make it a point to offer some cheaper tickets normally. But we dont know if they will care about not having dynamic pricing happen. Whenever they announce dates along with ticket sales there likely will be an explanation about how its going to go. Theyve never shied away from being decently transparent about ticketing.