Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 was awful! It was cold, it didn't stop raining for the whole 5 days, it was grey, it was a nghtmare.

This was also pre super duper drainage, there will never be another Glastonbury like that.

This year will be lovely. Fact!

the operational run on the GFS has overdone the wetness - most other runs for the 00z have gone for less rain, the mean for the ensembles pressure wise though is not overly brilliant.

To be honest this pattern has been locked in for 4 weeks now and there is still no relenting of the heights to our north. The jet is progged to stay as it is for the foreseeable meaning the atlantic low conveyor belt is set to continue.

Best I think we can hope for next week is that after the next low goes through Friday which will be a significant amount of rain for some in the south west by the looks of it that we manage to catch a gap between the next low to come across the country which it is progged to sometime next week. Or that it stalls in the atlantic. Either way - wellies will be required next week I reckon :(

Shocking British June weather as is so often the case these days.

I have to say that I am taking no notice of these weather forecasts until Countryfile on Sunday. It seems that every day, every hour the forecasts change. I have now bought clothes for every eventuality, but still holding out hope for good weather.