Things that make you feel old

Guest sifi

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The students here have dates of birth in 1994.

I remember good nights out in 1994.

A leo on a sunday has always been my favourite session of the week

eta

Though I feel old when I recall that used to have to involve a lock in at the local because pubs shut between 2.30 and 7 on a sunday. In fact, formative drinking years when pubs used to have lunchtime and evening licencing hours before this open all day mullarkey kicked in seems a distant memory

Not on a sunday. 12 - 2 and 7 - 10.30 (I allowed for chucking out time) on a sunday, 12 -3 and 6- 11 mon to sat. Wales were well shit for opening on a sunday mind, especially as you got farther west. And I despise anyone who used to ask 'Is it sunday hours cos it's a bank holiday?'. No, it f**kin isn't.

So f*ck off whoever gave him a +1 :lol:

Guest musiclove123

Sitting in a loud bar at the weekend thinking I would rather be at home in my bed pants and watching X Factor with some hot chocolate!

Edited by musiclove123

At the moment it is the horrible realisation that I am not just old compared to teenagers now - I am old compared to 25 & 30 year olds! I look at proper grown women who I really still think are my peers - and realise they are seeing me as someone a generation older. That is actually quite weird.

A serious realisation that I just totally wasn't on the same page as I thought I was came when it was my birthday, and our apprentice at work (who was 22) asked how old I was. I said "Oh - frighteningly ancient" - so she asked me again, and I told her I was 45. Her response? "Oh that's not old! That's only a year older than my mum!"

I think only people in my age bracket and older can understand how gutting that was - it wasn't that I was older than her mum, it was that it never occurred to her that I wouldn't be pleased or flattered by only being a year older than her mum!

Mostly I am really happy with myself regardless of age because I still have a life that many half my age have given up on, but it's those moments when you realise that your outside doesn't match your inside - hmmmm.