Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Rich BT

Bearded Theory 2011

No Clive, both bands are known on Sunday and have been round a while. I would say the second biller would be bigger stature thats all. However the headliner has been put in that position for the feel good vibe they create - they have an electric live show.

Squeeze for headliner? Possibly too expensive.

Rich, do you mind me randomly putting out thoughts for headliners? I know you asked a few days ago, but if I'm being a pain in the arse or way off mark, just let me know, I have thick skin.

Not at all mate - carry on.

I think Squeeze would be out of our league in honesty. Beautiful Days are 4 times the size of BT and they headlined their recently. The best way to see who is affordable is by looking at other festivals of a similar size to us and ones that charge a similar price also.

Not at all mate - carry on.

I think Squeeze would be out of our league in honesty. Beautiful Days are 4 times the size of BT and they headlined their recently. The best way to see who is affordable is by looking at other festivals of a similar size to us and ones that charge a similar price also.

I take that point in general, but they had Hawkwind the same year as you. Case of very well played BT, that one?

Also, given your point, a reminder that SFA should be in your price range ;)

A few reasons for that more notibly an advertising restriction and us pulling off a good deal. We have kind of used all our favours now and agents are seeing BT under a different light with prices being quite a bit higher than last year. An example is a band we approached for the 2010 festival but didnt confirm has added 3k onto their price when we called the agent recently.

Thats cheating - we might make an announcement without the Sunday closing act as we are still awaiting their contract to come back to us.

Thats cheating - we might make an announcement without the Sunday closing act as we are still awaiting their contract to come back to us.