Bearded Theory 2011

Guest Rich BT

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will release some names soon. We are trying to get contracts back off a couple of bands and its taking longer than expected. We had planned to release the Sunday line up in September/October , Saturday line up in November/December and Fridays line up in January.

Edited by Rich BT

never mind the bands, I would like to know if Beared Theory are going to sort the bar situation out for next year?

2009 we had a lovely beer tent, plenty of decent real ales and ciders on offer

This year it all went a bit pear-shaped. We had only two real ales on offer, Long Beard, at 4.9%, is hardly what you would call a 'session bitter' for all day drinking, and the other beer (Bearded Theory?) was fine at 4.2% or something like.

The problems were several:

1) They ran out of all real ale on the Saturday, hence the high volume of guinness being drunk then, as that was the only palatable beer left

2) They ran out of Bearded Theory(?) on the Sunday, forcing me to drink the only one left, Long Beard.Not good at 4.9%, but its a question of lack of choice.

3)What was it with those container-type bars? they just look rubbish. Not that I'm too bothered about looks!), but practially every other festival I go to , like Beautiful Days, Maker festival, Sunrise, Eden, they have a nice array of barrels set up in a tent behind a bar. Just like the Beared Theory fest in 2009, in fact.

I love your festival, Bearded T, and I've already brought me tickets for next year. I'm not bothered about what bands you put on, but just sort of the beer/bar situation please!

(ps, not alone in this view, as several others at the festy commented on the poor bar situation

-can't you bring folks who did the 2009 do, or someone who is experienced in running a proper real ale and real cider bar for festivals? Thank you very much!)

Edited by just7

never mind the bands, I would like to know if Beared Theory are going to sort the bar situation out for next year?

2009 we had a lovely beer tent, plenty of decent real ales and ciders on offer

This year it all went a bit pear-shaped. We had only two real ales on offer, Long Beard, at 4.9%, is hardly what you would call a 'session bitter' for all day drinking, and the other beer (Bearded Theory?) was fine at 4.2% or something like.

The problems were several:

1) They ran out of all real ale on the Saturday, hence the high volume of guinness being drunk then, as that was the only palatable beer left

2) They ran out of Bearded Theory(?) on the Sunday, forcing me to drink the only one left, Long Beard.Not good at 4.9%, but its a question of lack of choice.

3)What was it with those container-type bars? they just look rubbish. Not that I'm too bothered about looks!), but practially every other festival I go to , like Beautiful Days, Maker festival, Sunrise, Eden, they have a nice array of barrels set up in a tent behind a bar. Just like the Beared Theory fest in 2009, in fact.

I love your festival, Bearded T, and I've already brought me tickets for next year. I'm not bothered about what bands you put on, but just sort of the beer/bar situation please!

(ps, not alone in this view, as several others at the festy commented on the poor bar situation

-can't you bring folks who did the 2009 do, or someone who is experienced in running a proper real ale and real cider bar for festivals? Thank you very much!)

Edited by Rich BT

The bar last year was chosen for price to the customer and was cheaper than the previous years company overall. The container units are very good for obvious security reasons and we will be having them back.

The same company will be coming back but will be bringing a larger range of real ales/ciders with them. We will advertise the bar tarif well in advance to gain feedback.

The company have a lot of experience at festivals and also have their own micro brewery. We have given them another chance to put last years faults right.

We apologised for the lack of ales shortly/immediatly after the festival, so rest assured we will make sure its sorted along with the campervan area.

I think what Rich is refering to when talking about security is that when the unit is closed, it doesn't need a guard watching it as it is all locked up.

Where as if it is just a tent, then usually it requires 2 guards to watch the stock.

That small difference can be a few pence cheaper on a pint at the festival :)