Dizzy Rascal

Guest abu hamster

He was my second favourite act of the weekend, so no I don't agree. He is one of the biggest successes in British music of the last two years and is incredibly popular.

Whether you personally like him or not, the fact is he deserved that slot.

I loved the first Dizzee album, but since then he's gone rapidly downhill (coupled with his meteoric rise to Radio 1/One Big Weekend popstar). His live show is terrible, his band are shoddy and he needs a dose or reality.

I was really disappointed that such a refreshing artist has ended up churning out lowest common denominator pop-rap. Snoop completely showed him up in how to put on a great performance.

Tbh I really like Dizzee Rascal and thought the show looked class live (although admittedly I watched it on TV)

But hes playing 3rd from the top at Reading and Leeds and 4th from top at T in the Park so Im not quite sure why he was so high at Glastonbury

I don't think any act, who, when you take away 1 or 2 of his songs, wouldn't have a chance of playing anywhere near the top of the bill, should be second headlining.

This may be me being ignorant on the topic but take away Bonkers from his repertoire and he'd slip right down the lineup.

I don't dislike Dizzee Rascal, I just think that he's managed to develop a reputation which far proceeds the music he's actually produced.

I don't think any act, who, when you take away 1 or 2 of his songs, wouldn't have a chance of playing anywhere near the top of the bill, should be second headlining.

This may be me being ignorant on the topic but take away Bonkers from his repertoire and he'd slip right down the lineup.

I don't dislike Dizzee Rascal, I just think that he's managed to develop a reputation which far precedes the music he's actually produced.

i was heading to mumford and sons, saw how packed it was and couldn't be arsed, so went to see dizzeee....

it was my biggest surprise!!... personally hes not my thing, but i think he done a brilliant set!!! i was bouncing all the way through....even when he brought flo out... (who i didnt even recognise, i thought it was some 40+ year old woman who probably did the original.....hahahah) :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: (no seriously...i did, took a conversation much later in the night for me to actually click on it was actually FLORENCE :unsure: )

ok, so obviously i was abit, um trashed....

but it was all gooood fun.

AND WHOOO WAS THE GUY on lead guitar, with the hair/beard!?!? he was f**king brilliant, am i being blonde no realising who he was in all???

*goes to read thread to see if anyone else knows*

Edited by Rachie

I was walking towrads the Pyramid when I heard the first few bars of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Excellent! Then some chap starts talking over the top of it - what's all that about? Someone should cuff the bounder. :lol:

I'm hardly in a position to judge whether Mr Rascal is any good or not - all rap leaves me cold.

Agreed that he is a bit a of a cheesemonger nowadays. Disco was a bit much IMHO! People seem to like him so fair play to him maybe some other UK acts need to push on and try and claim these top billing spots (not sure who though any ideas?)

i was heading to mumford and sons, saw how packed it was and couldn't be arsed, so went to see dizzeee....

it was my biggest surprise!!... personally hes not my thing, but i think he done a brilliant set!!! i was bouncing all the way through....even when he brought flo out... (who i didnt even recognise, i thought it was some 40+ year old woman who probably did the original.....hahahah) :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: (no seriously...i did, took a conversation much later in the night for me to actually click on it was actually FLORENCE :unsure: )

ok, so obviously i was abit, um trashed....

but it was all gooood fun.

AND WHOOO WAS THE GUY on lead guitar, with the hair/beard!?!? he was f**king brilliant, am i being blonde no realising who he was in all???

*goes to read thread to see if anyone else knows*