It's the I'm Not Going Next Year thread

Guest Mr.Tickle

This time yesterday I defo wasnt going as one of my best mates gets married in cyprus in thurs 24 june.

checked flights online and as far as i could see, no flights back till sunday, end of story can't go. DEVESTATED

Was in travel agent today while my gf got some money changed and just on the off chance asked about flights from larnaca, turns out i can get to gatwick airport for 02.00am friday morning, so now totally do-able as long as we set of straight after wedding.

Problem now is that gf is coming to wedding (so are my 2 mates that are also up for this g/fs and kids)

we are from north east and this means travelling from gatwick (300 miles) to cyprus, g/f will not be up for it when we could just go from newcastle, she also wont want to set off stright after wedding will want to enjoy reception etc.

Only thing i can think of is lads go seperatly from gatwick, leave car with equipment in car and straight to glasto when landed, girls go seperate couple of days after from newcastle, stay after wedding. Everyones a winner, or maybes not got a feeling when i put this plan to gf shes gonna hit the roof.

Obv a delayed flight back would throw a major spanner in the works and could ruin things making it not worth it, so there is risk involved.

Im currently weighing up the pros and cons of this plan, on one hand the thought of not going is killing me after going to the last 2 and having the best days of my life, the thought of the build up and everyone getting exited for months leading up to it, knowing im not going is unthinkable.

On the other it will cause MAJOR earache of the gf trying to get her to agree with this. And i really have no idea at the minute what im gonna decide,

Its gonna be a tough one, is it worth it???

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i keep saying im not going i say it every year but hey im always there howd that happen :lol::lol: mind you i seem to injure myself every flipping year as well :huh: oh well we will just have to wait and see

I think that's it for me for a while. My two friends, from Australia and Leeds, have accompanied me for the last 2 and they've been brilliant festivals.

Sadly, they won't be making the trip next year and it just won't be the same without them :( .

Also getting a bit tired of the ever-increasing crowds. I'm going to Green Man in August, and will see how that compares.

But this year really is a good one to go out on. Especially with the Weather Thread working its magic.

God it's like the end of Lord of the Rings on here.

Off to the grey havens... ;)

That one was The End for me. And I'm delighted to be leaving on such a high - I cannot explain how amazing I found Glastonbury 2010, and it was fitting that the last one was a scorcher too.

We're expecting child number 2 in September, and simply won't have any spare cash at all - I was only able to attend this year as an early 30th birthday present from my wife.

I will really miss the place, and I'll miss all you ace people I've met as a result of attending Glasto, but that's my lot!

Yes - it is a costly event, though i reckon I only spent Β£150 this year in cash at the fest, plus had everything I needed from years before and just spent Β£70 on food and booze before i went. That said, could easily get a normal holiday for that - but I don't want a normal holiday! i want 5 or 6 days of living like a beast, or roaming around half cut, of seeing things I never see, of eating food I rarely eat, of making friends, meeting people and doing things i never normally do. I just can't put a price on that - it's too valuable to me, and I wish it came around more than once a year! Bring on 2011!

*(but nowt wrong with not wanting to go again, different strokes and all)

This time yesterday I defo wasnt going as one of my best mates gets married in cyprus in thurs 24 june.

checked flights online and as far as i could see, no flights back till sunday, end of story can't go. DEVESTATED

Well never say never, but it's going to be a VERY different place if I ever did go back. My eldest is 18 months now, maybe I'll take him when he's around 14-ish?

Very much doubt I'll go before then unless circumstances change dramatically.

Guest musiclove123

Don't get it when people say they want to wait for the lineup. By the time you know who is playing tickets are most likely to have sold out, or not?

Don't be ridiculous man, for the last 7 years, off and on, me and the missis have been taking our littluns. This year we managed to off load the two younger ones so just took the eldest 7 year old and he loves it every time. He done a major Glasto project for his school when we got home, partly in thanks to the headmistress for letting him have extras time off, and partly for him to show himself what he's learnt. Imo missing out on school for a few days is nothing compared with what they learn at Glasto, especially at such a delicate age. Leaving it til they are 14 is'nt good enough mate, you won't see them all weekend for starters!

Yes its a different festy with kids but why make them and you miss out?

Well i did state this was to be my last, mainly my age and lugging the gear up to the Dairy Fields, i enjoyed 2009 more than this year,but i did see many many older than myself, well they looked it anyway ;) ....Bit of a rethink now...I am going to try again for tickets, well to be precise one ticket as my daughter and her partner will have a young baby by then so i will be on my own,and we all think Glastonbury for a young baby is out of the question...So as much as i would love to hire a motor home, the cost does not justify it for just me,my other half won't do Glastonbury at all. Looking at the ready pitchd tents in the Tangerine tent field,car park next to it, just me and my rucksack....Thats the way i will go, as long as i get a ticket that is:D

• 5 weeks later...

When I got back this year I was thinking "oh God, I can't do this anymore" and after going to Glasto for the 10th time I have considered not going next year. The heat completely exhausted me and I was quite ill for the week after I got home.

Anyway, I though that in time I would forget that and be as excited as usual about ticket day (the will I/won't I get a ticket type excitement) but it's just not happening!! I am really thinking about not going next year and I don't know why! I feel like I've lost my Glasto Mojo and I want it back!!