Thieving bastards

Guest blackcockerel

I camped in Hitchin Hill and someone tried to rob me on the Wednesday night. I had a tent with a porch and the cheeky begger unzipped the porch then unzipped my pod, took my bag, tipped all the contents into the porch (including my phone and camera) and just left everything there. Luckily I had a money belt on me whilst I was asleep. This was my fourth glasto, I've never been robbed before and I've never taken a money belt. Can't belive how lucky I was.

I can't stress how much I'd recommend getting a money belt. I could have started my festival on a real downer but as it happened, it turned out to be the most amazing weekend. Wish I could go and do it all again now! :(

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres somethign gratifying for me to ehar about the theieves getting caught. It boils my blood to read these stories. And I know we should all be more careful, but still. You don't go to a festival to worry constantly if your tent is being raped by scallies or not.

HEaring about a thief being caught and beaten up well. IM sorry CCCheese but this pleases me.

Found a bag under our caravan on Monday morning in East camper field . Handed it into security should have took more details name etc but was in rush to go . But do remember it was a girls bag included her driving licence and credit cards it also had some euros in it think the girls photo on licence had dark hair . Sorry I did not take more details but if you think its yours it was handed in to Glasto security .

Was reading about a lost camera on another thread yesterday. It had been reported to the festival office. They had said that they had not even started going through all the cameras yet, but would be by the end of the month! Sounds like they have a large number of lost cameras. Might be a good idea for anyone who lost their camera to inform the office as there is a chance of you being reunited.

Incase no-one's mentioned this already, a good tip with cameras is make the first photo you take of something with your address on (I used my ticket this year). That way if it's been lost/handed in rather than stolen, it's easy for lost property to know whose it is and return it to you.

Incase no-one's mentioned this already, a good tip with cameras is make the first photo you take of something with your address on (I used my ticket this year). That way if it's been lost/handed in rather than stolen, it's easy for lost property to know whose it is and return it to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Post man brought my camera back this morning...I take back all the posts about Thieving Bastards,my faith has been restored. I am so made up on gettting my camera back,and even more so to get all my photos and video clips back. I had given up on ever seeing it again,and was only this morning cconsidering going into town to look at buying a replacment,so thsi has also saved me £180 or so. I am going to send donation along with a big thank you to the Glastonbury office. Plus i must say a HUGE THANK YOU TO THE PERSON WHO FOUND IT AND HANDED IT IN:):):):):)

Post man brought my camera back this morning...I take back all the posts about Thieving Bastards,my faith has been restored. I am so made up on gettting my camera back,and even more so to get all my photos and video clips back. I had given up on ever seeing it again,and was only this morning cconsidering going into town to look at buying a replacment,so thsi has also saved me £180 or so. I am going to send donation along with a big thank you to the Glastonbury office. Plus i must say a HUGE THANK YOU TO THE PERSON WHO FOUND IT AND HANDED IT IN:):):):):)

The more i think of it, the more i'm made up with the speck i got, i got told it was in Oxylers Bridge area or summit, i don't actually know, it was like a right turn from the dance field entrance/exit, but it was really quite busy i felt, people regularly walking up and down going to Pennards, Park Home etcc.. So I don't think anyone could have nabbed anything from me really, when i woke up at 3/4/5 and 6 on night to go the toilet, people were still regularly walking past, I even left my seat out, in clear view with a can of Irn-Bru in it, and it stayed and the irn-bru got hotter, same speck next year, and same luck i hope!

We didn't actually have anything stolen from our tent but on the Saturday night there was a woman who had dropped her bag during Muse, everything fell out and got spread about just because everyone was dancing. The things lost included her car keys (a bit of a disaster for her)and a group of us were helping look for them around the area where she had been standing when three men walked past and stole her and her friend's hats, which were quite obviously in a pile belonging to someone (they didn't look like they had been abandoned). They ran off before anyone realised what they'd done.

That said, that was just three people and we saw many more people handing in things to the information points instead of taking the 'finders, keepers' view or simply stealing as these did.

Edited by 123ginge

I had a moment watching orbital when i realised what i was dancing on wasnt cardboard but someones bag. I decided to pick it up and hand it in after orbital (of course!!) but the girl came back and as really pleased to get it back..i felt like id been caught in the act but when my mate bounced over and said " she's a teacher, you can trust her!!" it was ok..i hope someone does the same for me one day.....

Lost by me....Almost certain it dropped out of my bag after watching Seasick Steve,was gutted at time,although it was not a cheap camera,it had so many photos and video clips on,more or less given up on seeing it. again Lucky i had a spare chep job for rest of weekend....Nearly kissed the postman...i said nearly :rolleyes:

You should have given the Postie some Glastonbury Loving ! ;)

Last year at Leeds in the dance tent I got a bit hot so went for a breather , and in the cold air realised my beloved woolly hat was missing, anyway me and my friend went back in to look for it on the floor - which was no easy task I can tell you as the dance tent was rammed. Although I did not find my hat I found a black North Face skinny fleece , showed it to my friend , and she said

"Thats mine ! " - she did not realised she had dropped it either , a bit muddy but was intact , and then 5 mins later my hat turned up on the floor !

:)

Can I just say that for every thieving c**t there are probably 20 or 30 more decent folk.

Last year at Glasto I went to visit some friends in the Greenfields (Angel Gardens) on the Tuesday before the plebs got in. One on their crew had found a roll of notes with a drivers licence and bank card attached. Between us we rang directory enquires etc and tracked the owner down. It was a chap that was working but his first time and had lost everything. We spoke to his mum on one phone and she was directing him to where we were on an other.

It was a roll of 500 quid and the lad was over the moon, but it was worth it to see his face after we walked down near the Greenpeace Field and gave him his cash back back. Over 4 hours was spent on the phone etc tracking him down :)

I have worked in many roles at Glasto and I can assure that there are more positive stories than negative :)

You should have given the Postie some Glastonbury Loving ! ;)

Last year at Leeds in the dance tent I got a bit hot so went for a breather , and in the cold air realised my beloved woolly hat was missing, anyway me and my friend went back in to look for it on the floor - which was no easy task I can tell you as the dance tent was rammed. Although I did not find my hat I found a black North Face skinny fleece , showed it to my friend , and she said

"Thats mine ! " - she did not realised she had dropped it either , a bit muddy but was intact , and then 5 mins later my hat turned up on the floor !

:)

Can I just say that for every thieving c**t there are probably 20 or 30 more decent folk.

Last year at Glasto I went to visit some friends in the Greenfields (Angel Gardens) on the Tuesday before the plebs got in. One on their crew had found a roll of notes with a drivers licence and bank card attached. Between us we rang directory enquires etc and tracked the owner down. It was a chap that was working but his first time and had lost everything. We spoke to his mum on one phone and she was directing him to where we were on an other.

It was a roll of 500 quid and the lad was over the moon, but it was worth it to see his face after we walked down near the Greenpeace Field and gave him his cash back back. Over 4 hours was spent on the phone etc tracking him down :)

I have worked in many roles at Glasto and I can assure that there are more positive stories than negative :)