Best T-shirt of the festival

Guest meatyparson

Thanks for the info. I'll expect I'll be in touch early next year to see what you can do. One issue I can see is that the clashfinder wants to be a full-colour print, about which your FAQ says 'coming soon' so hopefully that means 'within a year'.

The prices don't look too bad but I expect people to be very price-sensitive because they'll potentially be buying three t-shirts that they're unlikely to wear more than once. One option would be to have the clashfinder under a 'Glastonbury 2011' title, although I'd have to run it past Glasto HQ to make sure it doesn't look too much like official merchandise.

How about a very quick straw poll of the people in the thread: would you be interested in a clashfinder t-shirt for next year if they were about £15 for one or £42 for three (Fri/Sat/Sun)? Prices inc delivery.

/* Neil: I hope this isn't straying too far into 'commercial' territory. Feel free to give me a slap on the wrist if it is. */

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Halvin,

It's a brilliant idea, I must say! And for the time being you may be better doing it the "iron-on" way you discussed. Our prices might make it prohibitively expensive, just simply because we use the highest grade t-shirts and print. As you say, this may be a slightly expensive waste if they're only going to wear each shirt only once.

However, we know a thing or two about what makes a shirt sell well, and if you had time to consider the design and make it look really good (I haven't seen what the front looks like currently, but I'm assuming it's a standard grid format), then you might have a little hit on your hands next festival season that people would want to wear often, and not just over the festival weekend.

As for the full colour, and the "buy three for £42" option, we'll definitely have that kind of functionality built in by next year. We're a new site, so we're just doing the basics to the highest quality for the time being before "spreading our wings"!

Drop us a line if there's anything we can do to help. It's a great idea and deserves to be a success!

What I need is somewhere where people would order and the goods would be shipped directly to them. I don't really want to touch the stock because I don't want to end up stuck with a load of valueless t-shirts after the festival. Also, I don't want to end up in an argument with some numpty who ordered a t-shirt on Tuesday night and is upset because it didn't turn up before he left at 5am on Wednesday. That said, if a clothing stall wanted to sell them on-site, I'm sure we could sort out an arrangement. :)

Back on topic, this is my favourite 't-shirt' from the festival:

sunburn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...