Download 2011

Guest Lithium05

Would like to see Van Halen headline! (I think its very possible) but got a feeling they will play sonisphere instead.

I hope its not Bon jovi, even tho im a fan of their older stuff I saw them in 2008 and they were terrible live. one of the biggest disappointments ever!

There has been talk of Paramore headlining, that would be balls and music will officially be dead to me.

I thing soundgarden is a good shout, even tho im nt a fan and wouldnt be interested. Pearl Jam?

any1 thought of Rolling Stones as Sunday headliners? its their last tour?

other than headliners i would like to see the Scorpions, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AX7, and Avantasia.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bullet for My Valentine could pull off a main stage headline at one of next years festivals after Downloads stage 2 slightly odd early finish on Fri this year. I think QOTSA Foos etc are all very well but everyone I know goes to Download year in year out to see metal + a few classic rock bands - go too left field, too indie/alt and i agree you'll put a lot off - it's a dear do remember!

i think the best festival headliners for download would be this.... friday: GREEN DAY saturday: MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE sunday: METALLICA

i would also like to see these... Bring me the horizon, the king blues, muse, billy talent, mindless self indulgence, black tide, steel panther, taking dawn, blink 182.

Youve also got to consider bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit, both of which are going to be touring with their new album. And you cant say that neither of them can headline a festival like Download, because they can....a good example is Slipknot. They headlined in 2009, and theyve only been going for 10 years, and someone like Korn have been going for 17 years now.But for me Foo Fighters would be sweeeeeet :D

i think the best festival headliners for download would be this.... friday: GREEN DAY saturday: MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE sunday: METALLICA

i would also like to see these... Bring me the horizon, the king blues, muse, billy talent, mindless self indulgence, black tide, steel panther, taking dawn, blink 182.

Hi, I've never posted in this forum before, but completely out of interest, could someone enlighten me as to why blink-182 are being thrown around to headline next year?

It seemed to be the same at reading that a lot of people seemingly into metal/hard rock liked blink, but I just can't get my head around it!? I would have thought they were the sort of band that would get a hostile reception at a festival like download etc. I personally cannot stand blink!!!

Hi, I've never posted in this forum before, but completely out of interest, could someone enlighten me as to why blink-182 are being thrown around to headline next year?

It seemed to be the same at reading that a lot of people seemingly into metal/hard rock liked blink, but I just can't get my head around it!? I would have thought they were the sort of band that would get a hostile reception at a festival like download etc. I personally cannot stand blink!!!

Andy C is having a mass Twitter conversation about booking Download 2011, he's being very open with answers, and has wrote a f**k load

I haven't read it all but so far what ive picked out he's said he'd book as main stage headliner

Muse

Van Halen

Nickelback

Foo Fighters

Bon Jovi

also says he might book Manowar as second stage headliner

Also says he wouldn't book Creed for Download

Maybe would book Alter Bridge

Slash he would rebook

Black Keys he says are maybe too indie

He has also publically stated he's finding it very hard booking for next year, im guessing theres not much out there that he can see a solid headline act

I can really see Nickleback and Bon Jovi being two of the headliners myself

Lots of people are asking for Led Zep, but he's saying no chance although he'd love it

He's been sounding out Linkin Park too, but lots are saying they've changed too much

Edited by luckysalt

Id say for certain two of the headliners are Nickleback and Blink 182 for next year now

Surely Blink will do the early summer fests like Rock AM Ring and he's sounding them out now on twitter, and he just isn't shutting up about Nickleback so surely they're one

EDIT- Basically he's done nothing but big up Blink for the last half an hour if they are doing the early Euro fests, they're deffo gunna be at DL

and he did the same earlier about Nickelback

Im guessing

FRI- Nickelback

SAT- Blink 182

SUN- ? he hasn't decided, but Im thinking it will be between Bon Jovi or Van Halen

and im thinking Machine Head, Avenged Sevenfold and Manowar second stage headliners perhaps

Edited by luckysalt

i like all forms of rock music and i dont go to download just to see metal although that is my favourite genre however blink and nickleback are average bands at best and certainly not headline quality for any large festival imo certainly not download,would be happy with bon jovi or the foos,really would like metallica or maiden,also soundgaren,soad,ozzy,tool,van halen would be nice

in fairness, blink 182 are smashed all over the front of kerrang mag this week, i would say they are likely for download. it'll be a rage thing where its whoever got them 1st, the other will get them 2nd.

bon jovi i think will play sunday at download.

system i dont think will play, even if serj was bothered, the guys in scars on broadway have said while thats going, thats their band.

people will critisize nickelback but feeder headlined one time, though i prefer them, placebo undewr nickelback don't sound so so bad.

The thing is Nickelback are very popular and sell out arena tours, they've had smaller bands headline like Feeder and Lost Prophets

I think Nickelback are at the size, especailly in the US they wouldn't play unless they were headlining and also the money involvced would be headliner money too, so they would have to be headliner due to budget reasons even if they would play 2nd to someone

Nickelback would cause' a bit of a stink from the 'metulz' peeps but they're brilliant live. Blink would be a bad booking IMO. They were incredibly average at Leeds but the set was spurred on by an enthusiastic crowd. It was certainly NOT a headline performance. I also don't think the Download crowd would be as forgiving to Blink as the Download demographic is older & a bit more discerning than that of R&L.

Ozzy is possibly with his new album, Avenged could be a second stage act, i would like to see machinehead on the firday, slipknot (should they stay together) for the saturday and soundgarden on the sunday, second stage could be avenged on friday, id love to see slayer on the saturday and sepultura on the sunday, and i also believe that airbourne warrant a return to donngington next year after their amazing set this year.