Need Ticket

Guest Woppa

There's a monorail ticket stall next to Gate A, make sure you get in the right queue, otherwise you'll enter the festival itself and have to go back out and queue again.

:lol:

• 7 months later...

This was a god send last year with all the hot weather and that! :) In regards to where you get tickets, I purchased mines from the Nelson Mandela bar. However you need to find the bar supervisor as the staff are not allowed to sell these tickets! x

I raised this subject again because I'm concerned at the ticketing arrangments for 2011.

Last year you couldn't book Car Park tickets or CamperVan Field tickets until at least one in a group had paid for their ticket in full. But as soon as one person paid in full you could book them then.

This year we won't be able to get car park and cv field tickets until the April balance payment date, which is cutting it fine if you want to hire a motorhome. It means you either have to hire the motorhome before you are sure of having a CV field ticket or leave it until you are sure of having a CV field ticket, at which point they may be hard to hire.

I know that may seem unconnected but those of us considering booking a week long Monorail ticket are in the same position. Do I book the Enhanced Monorail option for the line that extends to the CV fields when I'm not sure if I'll be staying there?

You can buy a lifetime pass, it's like a golden ticket - I bought one a few years back, saves the hassle each year. Cost me 10 grand though.

I raised this subject again because I'm concerned at the ticketing arrangments for 2011.

Last year you couldn't book Car Park tickets or CamperVan Field tickets until at least one in a group had paid for their ticket in full. But as soon as one person paid in full you could book them then.

This year we won't be able to get car park and cv field tickets until the April balance payment date, which is cutting it fine if you want to hire a motorhome. It means you either have to hire the motorhome before you are sure of having a CV field ticket or leave it until you are sure of having a CV field ticket, at which point they may be hard to hire.

I know that may seem unconnected but those of us considering booking a week long Monorail ticket are in the same position. Do I book the Enhanced Monorail option for the line that extends to the CV fields when I'm not sure if I'll be staying there?

Edited by guypjfreak

Be careful which queue you join. I queued for ages for the toilets near the Pyramid stop, only to reach the front and to find the mono-train waiting there. I hopped on, and managed to "use the facilities" before it had pulled in to the West Holts stop. The other people in the carriage weren't too chuffed with me.

You can buy a lifetime pass, it's like a golden ticket - I bought one a few years back, saves the hassle each year. Cost me 10 grand though.