Guns n Roses Appreciation Thread

Guest rexclark

See, the thing that annoys me most about these kids we'll get - and we will; we'll get tons of the little f**kers - is that most of them have perhaps seen November Rain on Kerrang, Sweet Child O' Mine in guitar hero or whatever and feel as if, somehow, they're obligated to critique a band in two words ("Where's Slash?") that for the most part they know f**k all about.

As Moff quite rightly said - it's just second hand opinions, and they can't back them up; which, again, adds to the frustration. We could back up why we think they're talking absolute tosh but when you're in a field, and you hear it screamed, you don't really have the time to give essays or even condensed two word answers - which then begs the question, "would it be ok to smash a 17 year old in the face?"

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, the thing that annoys me most about these kids we'll get - and we will; we'll get tons of the little f**kers - is that most of them have perhaps seen November Rain on Kerrang, Sweet Child O' Mine in guitar hero or whatever and feel as if, somehow, they're obligated to critique a band in two words ("Where's Slash?") that for the most part they know f**k all about.

As Moff quite rightly said - it's just second hand opinions, and they can't back them up; which, again, adds to the frustration. We could back up why we think they're talking absolute tosh but when you're in a field, and you hear it screamed, you don't really have the time to give essays or even condensed two word answers - which then begs the question, "would it be ok to smash a 17 year old in the face?"

Well I tell you what - we know it's inevitable that somebody will throw something at Axl; just to rile him a bit and wreck it for the rest of us. So, what we could do is... whenever Axl goes off on one, stop him mid-sentence and say:

"Axl, stop - chill out. You carry on, mate; we'll sort the little f**kers out so long as you play Double Talkin' Jive" - and then make our way through the audience, Altamont-style, and mow down any hoodie-wearing c**t we see.

I don't speak for the general consensus but if some chav c**t wrecks my weekend by chucking something at Axl, and nobody in security does anything about it, I will be extremely pissed off if he decides to walk offstage and refuses to come back on.

Well I tell you what - we know it's inevitable that somebody will throw something at Axl; just to rile him a bit and wreck it for the rest of us. So, what we could do is... whenever Axl goes off on one, stop him mid-sentence and say:

"Axl, stop - chill out. You carry on, mate; we'll sort the little f**kers out so long as you play Double Talkin' Jive" - and then make our way through the audience, Altamont-style, and mow down any hoodie-wearing c**t we see.

I don't speak for the general consensus but if some chav c**t wrecks my weekend by chucking something at Axl, and nobody in security does anything about it, I will be extremely pissed off if he decides to walk offstage and refuses to come back on.

Bit too late for me to join the Axl love corner but I will be doing my best to stick to hunting any pricks throwing shit and as Axl would say "Beat the f**k out of them .. f**kheads"

Also those Rose Bar videos, Does anyone else just sigh when you hear Sweet Child?, Just the eruption of female screams. I know how important the record was as Jungle only got so much air play etc. But if Axl did what Steve Tyler has done and taken some big tracks out of the set I really wouldn't mind if it was replaced by a say, Double Talkin' Jive ( Mother f**ker ) ?, Coma, Estranged (Which SHOULD be played in every set IMO) ?

I could live with no Patience or Child.

Bit too late for me to join the Axl love corner but I will be doing my best to stick to hunting any pricks throwing shit and as Axl would say "Beat the f**k out of them .. f**kheads"

Also those Rose Bar videos, Does anyone else just sigh when you hear Sweet Child?, Just the eruption of female screams. I know how important the record was as Jungle only got so much air play etc. But if Axl did what Steve Tyler has done and taken some big tracks out of the set I really wouldn't mind if it was replaced by a say, Double Talkin' Jive ( Mother f**ker ) ?, Coma, Estranged (Which SHOULD be played in every set IMO) ?

Edited by farewellandgoodnight

Strangely enough my mates & I were talking about the exact same thing last week. What if some little f**ker chucks something at Axl purely to get a reaction? We all agreed that it'd probably be the only chance to see GnR that we'd get so the general concensus would be to smack the cretin in the mouth.

To be fair, I think the forst 3rd (accurate throwing distance) of the crowd will be there to watch GnR. When Metallica played in 08' everyone near the front seemed to be a bit older than on the Killers or RATM day & the crowd was really good. We got close enough for my mate to be hit in the chest by Hetfields plectrum when he threw it into the crowd & there was very little pushing or aggro. I expect the GnR crowd to be similar.

Can't wait to see a bunch of 30something blokes policing the audience with clenched fists.

:lol:

"Argh ya little bastard, ARGH!"

But yeah a rotation of unexpected songs from Guns N Roses would be great. Double Talkin' Jive played just right (and I mean Tokyo '92 right) would be amazing - even if you're knackered, it'd get you pumped up. Live and Let Die is great, Crazy is brilliant, It's So Easy is another classic, Perfect Crime... all great songs to play live. No Sweet Child O' Mine, possibly November Rain (but without the piano solo at the start please, Axl), Estranged would be a welcome addition as long as there are no damn dolphins...

There are loads of older songs I'd love to hear. New songs - everything on Chinese Democracy except maybe Scraped, Sorry, This I Love and Prostitute.

Seen Axl's Guns n Roses a couple of time, at Leeds and Download and as a kid who grew up absolutely loving the band it was one hell of a let down.

At Leeds they were pretty solid musically but Axl and a bunch of random guys just isnt the same. Yeah they sound decent, theyre playing all the songs you'd expect but it felt like watching a tribute band.

Still was better than their download show, Axl slipped in some water and went right over onto his arse then disappeared for a while, set the tone for the show and I pissed off well before the end. With that and their last album I find myself totally unable to muster any enthusiasm for their Leeds show, luckily the Lockup stage has some great bands on that night.

Seen Axl's Guns n Roses a couple of time, at Leeds and Download and as a kid who grew up absolutely loving the band it was one hell of a let down.

At Leeds they were pretty solid musically but Axl and a bunch of random guys just isnt the same. Yeah they sound decent, theyre playing all the songs you'd expect but it felt like watching a tribute band.

Still was better than their download show, Axl slipped in some water and went right over onto his arse then disappeared for a while, set the tone for the show and I pissed off well before the end. With that and their last album I find myself totally unable to muster any enthusiasm for their Leeds show, luckily the Lockup stage has some great bands on that night.

It’s always absolutely okay to smash 17 year olds in the face. The little f**kers have got to have it coming for one thing or another. Even if they’ve not done anything obviously wrong you should err on the side of caution and do it anyway.

Edited by farewellandgoodnight

Haha not at all, I'll be punching any 17 year old (or any age, for that matter) who decides he/she fancies ruining that sunday night myself!

Also, anyone else find it surprising that QOTSA are subbing GN'R after the whole 'Pigeons of Shit Metal' debacle? I wouldn't have thought Josh Homme would even want to be on the same day as Axl, never mind underneath him. I guess he's not as petty as I'd assumed he might be.