Guns n Roses Appreciation Thread

Guest rexclark

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes! I just hope the current fashion of slating Axl Rose doesn't ruin it for everyone who still appreciates the genius of Guns N Roses and what they did for rock music. The new band are awesome and the fact that they are not Slash, Duff and Izzy (and to a lesser extent Steven Adler/Matt Sorum) shouldn't take away from the fact that they are playing some of the greatest rock songs ever written and doing it well.

Can't wait!

Honestly, it's going to be the highlight of my entire weekend seeing them. Like I said on one of my first threads in March or April, I've been a fan of theirs for close to 19 years, first album I ever owned was Appetite for Destruction, first band t-shirt I ever had was a Use Your Illusion tour t-shirt, first song I ever learned on guitar was 'Night train'... if there is anybody who should be pissed off about Slash and 'the rest' leaving - 'the rest' being the band members the complainers usually can't name - then it would be me, but you know what? I couldn't give two pubes off a rat's bollocks.

Still got the chops, still got the songs, still got the stage presence, still got the aggression and sense of danger... they'll never lose the attitude and that's all that matters with Guns n Roses.

What's best is we get them finishing Leeds, and Reading get Blink 182. Times like these call for slow repeated use of the word 'HA!'.

Im very much looking forward to seeing Guns n Roses... Its Axel Rose will still be singing his songs just without the iconic line-up around him. People have to realise that Chinese Democracy is thier latest album and was produced without Slash and Izzy, but technically its been the same band since 1990.

Queen have been going for years without Freddie and he sang wrote and performed every song, so i think were in for a treat!

Thank god, finally a thread where people can appreciate them, instead of just do the typical thing and slate Axl Rose. All these people that just call them a 'tribute band' and are 'not GnR without Slash' etc annoy me so much. Yes it's not the original line-up, and although most of us would love for the original 5 to still be together, it's not going to happen, and so we have to make do.

Saying that though, I don't think we're 'making do' as Guns N' Roses are ON FIRE at the moment, they play like 3 hour shows, like 30+ songs, and have a huge stage presence, personally I CAN'T WAIT, to see them, they're what got me into Rock N' Roll, and I've always wanted to see them live.

Bring on Reading Friday! (I am fairly disappointed that we don't have them on the sunday though... :( )

I can't wait for GnR at Leeds.

Saw them a few years ago at Download and even though Axl spat his dummy a few times they were still brilliant - plus I like to think I know all the words and can sing in tune so it'll be great (not so great for those standing close to me)

Good to see lots of love for GnR, I was the only person I know massively excited when they were announced but a few of my friends have gotten into them now lol. Don't be sad for the Reading goers lol, I'm perfectly happy with Blink closing the festival thank you.