Guns n Roses Appreciation Thread

Guest rexclark

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

November Rain is still to this day, the longest guitar solo in a song that was reached Number 1 in the USA Billboard 200 :)

I hugely agree with Dave, in that his talent to be able to write epic solos is insane. He can just write these solos that blow your mind every time, and they never get old! He's just all round an excellent musician, and also, his new album is so good!

But on topic though, I so hope that Izzy makes one of his guest appearances, he did a lot last time they were in the UK :D

I'm really looking forward to them, luckily saw the original line up in there prime for the "Get in the ring" tour, it was awsome.

However the line up may of changed but it still doesn't change the fact some of the songs are almost embedded in rock history and instantly recognisable.

Axl is still an awsome performer and will probally remain so until he dies.

Personally I think Guns n Roses are crap. Original line up and new line up. Their music has no appeal to me and never has. I would prefer if they didn't play. However I can see why people like them.

As for the debate about original members. It does not really matter who plays the songs as long as they don't lose anything technically, and they are still playing the same songs well.

You fall in or out of love with a band based upon the music, as long as the music is good and still appeals to you, you will like it, how can your perception of the music change because of members leaving and new members coming in. It seems silly to me.

He knows that everything he ever does is being analysed under a microscope by the rock press looking to find some reason to tear him up, and they had a field day after the VMA's in 2002. That was Axl thinking he was still playing Sunset Strip in 1986.

I think the problem Axl is having now is that he's realising he's not 26 or 27 anymore, and running from one end of the stage to the next, bouncing up and down in front of a bass drum, spinning round and round, and singing at the same time just isn't feasible. And as much as he wants to, it's just not possible. Guns N Roses - in the past - were... well, blistering. Pure manic, almost violent energy. And I've never seen a middle aged man look anything but embarrassing when he tries to dance the same as he did 20 years ago.

Axl's voice has never been or will be a problem, it's knowing when to stop bouncing and chill. Otherwise it becomes like the VMA's.

I got more and more excited about seeing them, then Alkaline Trio got announced for the lock-up and I won't miss them. Might try and catch the start of GnR but don't really want to miss sick of it all. Probably ter only chance I'll get to see them too :-/

I got more and more excited about seeing them, then Alkaline Trio got announced for the lock-up and I won't miss them. Might try and catch the start of GnR but don't really want to miss sick of it all. Probably ter only chance I'll get to see them too :-/

You could probably catch a couple of GnR songs between acts on the Lock Up.

I'm listening to them now - thinking I'll give sick of it all a miss :) I've never seen them before either but far more likely to see them sometime in the future. I'm a bit of a lame GnR fan cause I prefer the Use Your Illusuion albums to the earlier stuff so hoping for plenty of that early on then shoot off to Trio :)