Guns n Roses Appreciation Thread

Guest rexclark

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, matey, there are plenty of times to see a band like Alkaline Trio. Performances as big as Guns N Roses' - last band, last day, last festival of the summer... you really do not want to miss it in standing in a tent.

It will be the 4th time I'll have seen Alkaline Trio this year. No way I'm missing any of it :) The only band I might miss Alkaline Trio for is the Lawrence Arms. and that'd be a 50/50 call. Also, it's never ever going to happen :)

I'll catch a little bit of GnR but I love the intesity and intimacy of the tent/smaller punk shows rather than the big main stage acts. :)

Ya big girl! :lol:

AXL AXL OMG AXL AXL WAAAAAAAHHH!!

I'm determined to get as near to the front as possible to see them. I'll sing November Rain to my girlfriend - she'll pretend she doesn't know me.

I have a day ticket for Gun's, can't wait!

My main concern is the younger idiots who don't like Axl because 'Its trendy' to dislike him ruining the show for everyone else.

I will personally challenge anyone throwing shit at the stage to a brawl, I don't get why people don't understand that doing it will piss off the band and it then becomes H&S which ends the show early EG Download 06, a show which Gun's won the crowd over.

This 'We want Slash' stuff is bullshit too If you only wanna see Slash, go and see him, he's probably touring his album. GNR is for the rest of us appreciating Axl's involvement.

Lastly, anyone who slates Axl's voice. PLEASE remember that Use Your Illusion and the 3 year tour was close to 20 years ago now, if you expect a 48 year old man to have the exact same vocal range to when he was 28 your asking too much, especially the unbelievable range he had.

That rant over, can't wait. WELCOME TO THE FN JUNGLE BABY.

Snap! I'm off to Glasto this year where i'll be watching Slash on the Pyramid on Sunday, but i'm f**ked if i'm missing Guns. One of the best live bands i've ever seen and Axl's a god!

Last time I saw em at Newcastle in 06 they were unreal and his voice was as good as ever!

What a lot of people don't realise is that his voice wasn't perfect in 92/93 and had quite a few off days. I actually think he's as good now as he's been since the late 80's.

Check out the live performance of This I Love from earlier in this thread and he pulls it off brilliantly.

I hear you, brother.

As a lifelong fan I've been putting up with that kind of shit since the release of the End of Days soundtrack. I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited... and waited for Chinese Democracy, and you know what? When I listened to that for the first time I thought, "everything is just fine". Guns N Roses is alive and well in the 21st century and they're going to continue to get better and better.