Led Zep to replace U2?

Guest slipmatt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the only feasible choice would be Macca but you'd have to feel for the poor old Bootleg Beatles playing to no one at the Acoustic tent if that did happen. Unless they played with him (what would Bootleg Paul do though?).

From his comments in the past I suggest that ME will have tried to get Led Zep for this year and failed. Doesn't mean he won't try again now. Personally I think Coldplay are the most likely to receive the phonecall and the most likely to say yes.

No U2 :P

Replacement bands :

Dizze Rascal......not sure about headliner quality

Mccartney.......yes please

Led Zep......Wow with extra wow!

Bowie....too much to hope

Arcade Fire.......pleeeeeese

Faces :lol: .......with Mick Huchnall :P

Coldplay....happy with this option

Rolling Stones :P

Flaming Lips :lol::lol:

Gutted about U2 if I'm honest, I think it would have been something special I reckon'...

However, the Led Zep comments regarding Plant and Page have all proved correct so far, although it would be immense.

Macca? Depends on the Hyde Park contract I presume, same with Arcade Fire with Reading, both of whom would be decent replacements.

I would also have to concur with the above who said Coldplay look the likeliets a. to be asked and b. to say yes... They're good old Glasto lovers aren't they?!

Radiohead have been on a one way ticket to yawnsville for far too long. :P

I bet they ask Basement Jaxx again !

:P

I think you can forget any act such Zep that are not currently active , not enough time to

get crew and stuff and rehearse and be ready for a proper show.

I think they will either use someone already there and bump em up or pick a current touring act.

I bet they ask Basement Jaxx again !

:P

I think you can forget any act such Zep that are not currently active , not enough time to

get crew and stuff and rehearse and be ready for a proper show.

I think they will either use someone already there and bump em up or pick a current touring act.

I wonder if Paul McCartney was asked originally? Being the 40th Anniversary and all that. Im gutted U2 won't be there, but in a way grateful I now can see the Flaming Lips! The only bands that would draw me to the Pyramid would be Stones/Macca/Bowie/LedZep/White Stripes/Radiohead and I'm not sure how likely most of them could be

I'd say Coldplay will play this year, as I'm sure Chris Martin would love to think he could replace U2, or even Gorrilaz

edit:typo

Edited by r_eg

Prince would be amaaaazing.

Gorillaz are touring at the moment, just played Coachella and would certainly be hugely popular.

Any chance of White Stripes getting in on it? They never need much rehearsal/set design and are headliner quality. Plus Jack will be there already with Dead Weather.

But Zep really aren't very likely - it took them ages to prepare for their O2 show. And i thought Bowie said never again to Glasto?

Are gorillaz able to play on a stage with such a tight schedule? Don't they need ages (as in, even longer than most bands) to set up their set, and if so, probably be tough to fit them into the existing Pyramid Stage schedule.

Led Zep would be amazing, as would Radiohead, but I'm trying not to think about it too much, so can't be disappointed if the replacement isn't great, or if it's just a shuffle with the Other Stage.

Are gorillaz able to play on a stage with such a tight schedule? Don't they need ages (as in, even longer than most bands) to set up their set, and if so, probably be tough to fit them into the existing Pyramid Stage schedule.

Led Zep would be amazing, as would Radiohead, but I'm trying not to think about it too much, so can't be disappointed if the replacement isn't great, or if it's just a shuffle with the Other Stage.