Make Up?

Guest TaraG

Batiste :P My hair goes really greasy after about a day and very wavy but not in a good way! Saved me from looking too bad the past two years!

They do small mirrors in home bargain for about 2 quid that are the perfect size with a little stand so u can either hang them from the middle of the tent or stand em up on the floor and adjust to the right angle!

I like the sound of the semi permanent lashes as I love my eyes with fake ones on, i tried the do it yourself individual lashes from Boots and it just looked really bad, like spiders losing legs on me!

I normally take foundation (Rimmel Lasting finish stays on all day and saves me taking my pricey Clinique one!) then curlers (my lashes are dead straight) mascara and eyeliner as I look half asleep without! dont normally bother with bronzer/blusher coz its hard to judge in the field lights!!

Take lots of clips and hairbands if you have any form of fringe or layers so you can keep it off ur face!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My make up bag gets bigger and bigger each year. I just did Beareded Theory with a very large bag of make up tranklements but was glad I took it.

Essentials:

glitter eye liner (currently Superdrug have a range for only a quid!!!)

various colours of liquid eyeliner (great for face painting)

Max Factor Facefinity (no need for foundation and great for stopping any shinyness - have even used it on me boyfriend after a nights clubbing!)

Vaseline lipbalm

Collection 2000 powder eyeliners are tough to remove and therefore great for longlasting eyemake up!

a decent sized mirror (but less than 6 inches)

Clinique Super City Block in Factor 40 is a great combination of sunscreen and (very) slightly tinted moisturiser.. I wear it all year round as I burn very easily and am prone to massive freckleage.

If you ask at a Clinique counter and say you'd like to try it, they should give you a cute sample tube which will be just the right size for a long weekend :P

That's my main top tip, plus I also decant facewipes (two a day plus a couple for luck) into a ziplock bag. I've also found some excellent coloured lip balms (chapstick style) in our local healthstore. They're called TerraTints and come in a variety of shades, and have an SPF of 18, which is good. They only cost a couple of quid- I can't recommend them more highly, and always keep one in my bag for a touch-up throughout the day.

(Reviewed here:http://www.makeupfiles.com/2010/02/05/makeup-review-alba-terratints-mineral-tinted-lip-balm/)

I also have as stash of small pots and bottles to decant toiletries for going away, saves on the weight.

Hi Lucy

are the collection 2000 powder eyeliners you mention just the normal ones they sell? or something special?

i'm always searching for long lasting eyeline - i have really oily skin so it slowly slips down my face during the day - would love to find something that stays put!

thanks

bs x

Edited by LusciousLucy

My makeup melted when it got really baking in the tent last year. My YSL mascara (why I took it I don’t know!) then reset on the brush and in the tube and was next to useless so I ended up throwing it away, and my eyeliner core basically ran out of the end of the pencil!

Need some better alternatives this year!

Ahh, I loved reading this thread!

My essentails would be:

Lib balm (can't go more than an hour without it)

Clubbing mascara (by Bourjois I think, lasts forever anyway and never leaves me with panda eyes)

Urban Decay glittery eyeliners in a range of colours

Tinted moisturiser with SPF

Dry shampoo

Leave in conditioner to tame my frizzy hair if it gets wet

I normally take loads more make up with me but never end up using it, reading all this has just made it worse as it's made me want to buy loads more stuff, haha!

They are not eyeliners as such. More a double ended stick thing. One with gel in, the other with fine glitter. Boots will prob do them. I think its very new as I didn't see this product in the Superdrug 3 wks ago in Brighton and found it in my small town version on Friday.

I got the iridescent one and the electric blue. The gel is just right for application. Glitter stays on really well.

Oh and if its long lasting eyeliners u want then the Gosh range at Superdrug is positively indelible. It comes in a gazillion colours and pretty much does not come off even with sleep! They are pricey at £7 a pop so choose well. Although there are other makes and brands. But this brand is ace.

Oh and if its long lasting eyeliners u want then the Gosh range at Superdrug is positively indelible. It comes in a gazillion colours and pretty much does not come off even with sleep! They are pricey at £7 a pop so choose well. Although there are other makes and brands. But this brand is ace.

Found a great little mirror in poundland yesterday. Has a light on it so will be able to do make up when it's getting dark. Shines onto your face but isn't too bright. Double sided, normal and magnified. Love it.

Ooh Ta for the heads up on that. Shall be purchased on Monday :D

I have been having nightmares with festival clothing, not make up today. I need to buy a selection of corsets for my festy job and being female and totally indecisive...CAN'T decide on the gorgeous choices on the website I have found. Luckily have until Tuesday to choose.

I need to also find decent red glitter eyeliner to go with the corsets I'm planning on getting.

Ooooh this thread is making me excited! Need to start the festival shopping methinks ;) . Glittery make-up and festival fashion here I come.......

My must-haves are Boots No 7 Dual Protection tinted moisturiser (SPF15), decent waterproof mascara (although not to pricey in case i lose it/ruin it), little tin of vaseline, and a tinted lip balm or not to heavy lippy.

Am on the look out for a decent eyeliner and this thread has helped no end....

muddyslingbax - where in Bristol do you get your lashes done; think I'm going to invest! Do you get them tinted too?

Also which sort of GOSH eyeliner is the better one as they have a few different types.

This thread is making me so excited! What are you all doing about clothes? I'm trying to find a few dresses than can be layered up or down depending on weather.

I couldn't do without it either!

A little mirror, glitter eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner in assorted colours, kohl eyeliner and mascara.

My hair I french plait it before leaving and leave it in for the first couple of days. I undo plaits so it is wavy for a couple of days then just lots of backcombing for the rest of the fest so it looks like its supposed to be a mess :D

French plaiting it for a couple of days then having it wavy then back combed means my hair takes a lot longer to get greasy than if i just left it straight...top tip! Although dry shampoo helps towards the end!