Make Up?

Guest TaraG

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha!! Erm...it does get a little muddy at times but I see no reason why that should affect your make up situation! I usually take some and have generally abandoned it by saturday due to a combination of alcohol and laziness. As long as you have a mirror and some face wipes - go for it!

I would not leave the caravan (or tent) until I have applied my Urban Decay glitter eyeliner (purchased after a top tip I once read by Jo Whiley for instant party eyes) , mascara and lipstick. I leave of the foundation so I can apply sunscreen. :P

Edited by StoneCircle

At last!! It's a great sign that Glasto is really approaching :P

Although i've carted god knows what with me at times, i've learnt my lesson. Planetcat sounds like she's had similar where you just say sod it by Saturday. I take very little now; bit of lippy, moisturiser. I get eyelash extensions so i don't need mascara :P

If you can't do without foundation try getting some of those little sample packs to save you carting a full bottle; tinted moisturisers good too..with a spf 15 for all the sun we're gonna get :P Ooh yeah, a little mirror defo handy.

My make up bag gets bigger and bigger each year. I just did Beareded Theory with a very large bag of make up tranklements but was glad I took it.

Essentials:

glitter eye liner (currently Superdrug have a range for only a quid!!!)

various colours of liquid eyeliner (great for face painting)

Max Factor Facefinity (no need for foundation and great for stopping any shinyness - have even used it on me boyfriend after a nights clubbing!)

Vaseline lipbalm

Collection 2000 powder eyeliners are tough to remove and therefore great for longlasting eyemake up!

a decent sized mirror (but less than 6 inches)

Eye lash extensions sound like fun...but no use to me as I have to use a serious eye mask (its actually a wooly headscarf for dreadlocks) when I sleep and so I would think they would get squashed or easily removed. Great for blocking out light and noise but not so good for eye makeup still looking perfect the morning after!

Oooooooooooh! A make-up post!!

In my little see through bag I have

• Waterproof mascara

• Tinted SPF 15 moisturiser

• Tinted lipgloss (which can double as a bit of blusher if needed)

Sorted!!

Its my hair product situation that needs some serious thought! My hair is a good bit longer now than my profile pic (half way down my back), incredibly curly, and can get REALLY frizzy and dry! Methinks I shall be taking a decent selection of bobbles, clips and hats!! If it doesn't rain, then it will stay straight for the whole festival - a bit of moisture in the air and i'm screwed!! lol

Edited by Digi

Try mixing up some of your regular moisturiser and regular foundation in a travel pot to take with you. Its nice and light, gives a nice dewy finish, takes up less space. Also, spending 4 days constantly outside will change your skin tone by a few shades if we are lucky enough to have sun (which we will be), so the fact that the moisturiser mix means you are only getting a tint means that you won't have that lovely mask/orange/white foundation thing going on. Plus still looking after the skin!

If you are feeling rich, MACs liquid last eyeliners are fantastic as they are actually near on impossible to remove. I've used them for carnivals and they have stayed put for something silly like 14 hours. Amazing stuff, amazing colours.

Its my hair product situation that needs some serious thought! My hair is a good bit longer now than my profile pic (half way down my back), incredibly curly, and can get REALLY frizzy and dry! Methinks I shall be taking a decent selection of bobbles, clips and hats!! If it doesn't rain, then it will stay straight for the whole festival - a bit of moisture in the air and i'm screwed!! lol

As long as I have mascara, press powder and Vaseline I am ok, but I do take (a lot) more, especially glittery items! I also find that Olay Daily Facials are good face wipes to take as they lather up with a drop of water and get all the make up off so you can start fresh!

Urban Decay and Collection 2000 do wonderful glitter items! And to channel my 80's love I'll be getting some blue mascara for this year!!

I have wavy/curly hair and I find Lee Stafford's Sea Salt Spray or James Brown's Rock Chick Hair spray very good at calming frizz and making the most of of your waves/curls.

Digi I have the same sort of issue with my hair - way too frizzy and curly, and doesn't always naturally dry in a form suitable for public viewing! I'll be going with it straight but plan to wash it over the weekend so I've been trying a few products to see if any help it dry in nicer curls. I found a mousse from Trevor Sorbie (curl definer I think it's called) which works a treat. Just apply when towel dried and it stays in a pretty decent style if it's scrunched enough whilst drying. I put way too much on the first time though (I overcompensated for the sheer amount of frizz that I own) and I ended up with some pretty stiff curls so a bit of trial and error before the big weekend may be needed :P .

Wouldn't really consider myself a girly girl but I do take a full make up bag & a fair few hair products!

Tinted moisturiser (with sun protection in) is a must as are glittery bits & bobs.

My hair's really fine too like yours Cejx but it's not really long enough to tie up so lots of clips & dry shampoo for me! Do wash my hair once though so take my straightening lotion & I even take.........gas straighteners!! :P

I never wear make-up for work and rarely during the day but always wear it when I'm going out for the night or to festivals.

At festivals I pretty much take a full make-up bag as I love to match my make-up with my outfit. I just have make-up remover wipes to take my make-up off each night/morning (depending when I roll in). I'm loving the sound of the fake eyelashes - they're pretty expensive at the salons near me but reckon I could treat myself!! A few people have mentioned Urban Decay - may have to check that out too!

I never wear make-up for work and rarely during the day but always wear it when I'm going out for the night or to festivals.

At festivals I pretty much take a full make-up bag as I love to match my make-up with my outfit. I just have make-up remover wipes to take my make-up off each night/morning (depending when I roll in). I'm loving the sound of the fake eyelashes - they're pretty expensive at the salons near me but reckon I could treat myself!! A few people have mentioned Urban Decay - may have to check that out too!

False lashes overcome the problem of mascara running

Permanent False tan overcomes the problem of foundation/ bronzer running

I love the falseness

Sunglasses and a fab straw hat are always good for the hideaway I feel a bit mingy but wanna look glam option : )

I'm very excited by the idea of eyelash extensions !!

I usually end up looking like a panda most afternoons, so if I can forego the mascara great... drink makes me rub my eyes - no idea why :P

Digi I have the same sort of issue with my hair - way too frizzy and curly, and doesn't always naturally dry in a form suitable for public viewing! I'll be going with it straight but plan to wash it over the weekend so I've been trying a few products to see if any help it dry in nicer curls. I found a mousse from Trevor Sorbie (curl definer I think it's called) which works a treat. Just apply when towel dried and it stays in a pretty decent style if it's scrunched enough whilst drying. I put way too much on the first time though (I overcompensated for the sheer amount of frizz that I own) and I ended up with some pretty stiff curls so a bit of trial and error before the big weekend may be needed :P .

I'm very excited by the idea of eyelash extensions !!

I usually end up looking like a panda most afternoons, so if I can forego the mascara great... drink makes me rub my eyes - no idea why :P