Make Up?

Guest TaraG

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't take your full make up bag, only take what you're going to use. i took my full make up bag to T in the park a few years ago and lost it. it cost me a fortune to replace everything cause it's not like make up is cheap!

i still wear foundation at festivals, i put moisturiser and sun cream on first then foundation on top. then i still put sun cream on top of the foundation as the day goes on.

for eye shadows that stay on all day, i'd reccommend stargazer. they're really cheap and come in really nice bright colours.

barry m are good for lipsticks, they stay on when you're drinking and you get really nice colours.

for a mirror, i have a wee foldaway hairbrush with a mirror attached.

Edited by _rachelbon

I'll say one thing for an advance tip.

I went to Bearded Theory at the weekend and did a serious pre-festy face exfoliation and Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask (which I left on for a wee bit longer than I should have and should also be in EVERYONE's bathroom cupboard). This was followed by 3 days in a dry, mostly sunny field with a light application of Factor 20 - 50 sun cream and upon return, following another exfoliation...my skin is in the best state it has been in blooming ages!

Festy sun and fresh air really clears up those pores. :P

Thanks for the tip!! Something else to buy to add to my ever expanding box of hair products! :P Its really dry so I only usually wash it once a week to help keep the oils in, and I never use shampoo - google 'curly girl' and you'll see what I mean. I wash my hair with conditioner and then condition with (funnily enough) conditioner! My hair truly is the bane of my life! Deffo going with it straight and it will stay straight for ages, or until it gets wet. Hopefully i'll be fine unless it pisses down and I think its a great idea to roll in the mud!

Vaseline - and lots of it. Removal can be painful - and take hours. When they start to fall out - they kinda fall out half way, attach themselves to your natural lashes which you then have to yank out - took me a week to get one set off once! Theoretically, they grown out with your natural lashes - but in reality, not the case!

Vaseline - and lots of it. Removal can be painful - and take hours. When they start to fall out - they kinda fall out half way, attach themselves to your natural lashes which you then have to yank out - took me a week to get one set off once! Theoretically, they grown out with your natural lashes - but in reality, not the case!

I take my usual make up to Glasto - stargazer eyeshadow, Avon mascara and Oriflame eyeliner. Lasts a treat, doesn't smudge, remove it every night with Johnson's 3 in 1 wipes and shove it all on again in the morning. Takes me about 5 minutes.

I've never bothered with foundation or any of that malarky because I've got dry skin and like to keep it free of anything unnecessary.

I get my eyelashes tinted black and permed before I go, costs £25 and lasts for about 6 weeks. It saves taking mascara and curlers, and the only down side is the dodgy eggy perm smell when you have them done!

I also love that Batiste dry shampoo stuff, its fantastic.

Collection 2000 have just introduced new glitter tubes. Well, one half of tube has a gooey application brush, the other end a fairy dust glitter applicator.

2 for a fiver at the mo and a lovely range. Sparkletastic.

Ahhh no Superdrug here .... :P