Are You Ginger

Guest stuartbert two hats

Winnit?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ginger?

• I am fully ginger and proud
    • I discovered my beard was ginger - latent ginger
    • I am ginger, but shave my head, claiming it's because I am bald. It's really shame
    • I am not ginger
    • I am ginger, but you wouldn't know unless we get intimate (hair dye)
    • Strawberry blonde, not ginger!
    • This poll is tantamount to racism
    • Fake ginger. I have a thing about the Tudors (dye again)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've known people who have killed themselves over things like this. It doesn't get more serious than that.

And don't start with the whole "i know a ginger so it's okay..." bollocks. Can't you see the parallels between this and racism? "My booky was black so it's ok for me to say n*gger". It's the same! People justify their behaviour to fool themselves into thinking what they're doing isn't wrong. It's BS and it should stop.

I'm not ginger - but when I was young people assumed I was because of the shade I dyed my hair. I remember a boyfriend's mum had red hair and he seemed to go for red heads so I guess I was pretty convincing!

I really like ginger hair and have found guys with red hair very attractive in the past but the really strange thing is that I don't seem to actually notice if someone has ginger hair until someone points it out and it's usually someone who has a dislike for the hair colour.

I am ashamed to say that one of my best friends is very "anti ginger" and it always makes me cringe.

I am 50/50 with what's going on with the discussion here as I am laughing even at the bad stuff - but I think it's very hard for those of us who've not had to put up with anything like this to imagine how any one person might feel or have been affected by an issue so a blanket "get over it" just might not do for everyone though of course I applaud those who have developed charater and detirmination despite or because of the attitude of others. Ok, I was a bit overweight in primary school and got teased - but that was easily sorted.

You may be right in general terms I suppose but believe me, I do understand EXACTLY what its like to be on the receiving end of sh*t various almost non-stop. The more you get upset or it appears to bother you in some even tiny way, the more you get ! At the end of the day, providing that it genuinely isn't intended to be bullying or hatred etc. then you just need to take it as banter and general wind-uppery and so on. Learning to give as good as you get always helps of course :P

OMG :lol: I've tried. No, honestly, I've *really* tried *very* hard indeed ... but sadly there is absolutely no way that I can possibly resist the temptation of being exceedingly naughty when a certain Country just West of the River Severn is mentioned even on a good day so that plus the somewhat ginger discussion going on here is just too much to cope with as it's shouting out for something kinda like:

ginger%20sheep.jpg

Might not actually be Welsh sheep of course, but they sure be looking right gingery and handsome and all that don't they :P Interesting to note that even the 'normal' sheep seem to have a thing about the ginger ones mind you :P

I've been accused by my friends on more than one occasion of having a bit of a ginger fetish, they urge to me to seek help but I resist. One of my ginger friends once had a ginger buffet in honour of his birthday and although he used to get stick at school never took it as anything but banter, which I think is exactly what is going on here, I don't think anyone is offended.

On a side note, no matter what your hair colour a mullet always looks shit. I did spot the elusive female mullet on a night out in london the other week. was a special moment for me.

I'm ginger, I live with a ginger man and we are getting a ginger cat. I want to call my house 'Russett Lodge' like in Catherine Tate :-)

I used to hate being ginger, but now I love it! I dont see any problem in a bit of light hearted piss-takery on the subject.

I know I'm fab, so its ok :P