Where oh where...

Guest Bernsville

I normally get your standard full English at Glasto, but to be honest they are getting to be a bit of a rip off now. Anyone know where to get something filling yet cheap? Name and location please!!

Guest musiclove123
Tea and Toast - circus field - big thick slices of toast £2

might not be enough if you used to full english

Edited by musiclove123

My Dad gets the stove on with the sausages, bacon and fried bread while I get to work on stealing/negotiating some brown sauce and tomato sauce, don't ask me why we always manage to forget sauce after all these years but we do. After the meat goes off I just whip out either the tinned sausage and beans or noodles, does the trick and doesn't cost you a bomb. Breakfast and supper at the tent is the cheapest way foward at Glasto.

I was camped in Big Ground last year, the main breakfast place at the top of the Field had such a monopoly they put their prices up by Friday, yet people still seemed prepared to pay £2.00 for a Tea/Coffee and then £5.00 for a bacon roll.

Even before they inflated their prices I though “sod that!” and went for a wonder down near the Queens head area of the Markets – and just opposite was a Cornish Pasty stall – a Cornish Pasty and a cup of tea £2.00 (I think), now I know a Cornish Pasty isn’t everyone’s idea of a breakfast start but it was tasty, filling and only a couple of quid – get in!

A cup of porridge from the van outside the John Peel stage, just a quid.

If you're used to a big breakfast, get a couple, as they're not that big, but very delicious.

You can add sugar/cinnamon/salt/honey for an extra 30p.

My first breakfast is crunchy oat cereal -- dry -- the only food I bring with me. Lidl's own is good.

My second breakfast is something tasty from a stall. Who knows what I'll feel like?

I don't keep much of a three-meals-a-day schedule at a festival. I just wait until the hunger in my stomach overtakes my resistance to putting my hand in my pocket :P

A Yeo Valley massive tub of frozen yogurt is the way forwards! (although the prices haven't crept up so much as hitched a lift to NASA and clambered aboard a rocket.)

I am so excited about Yam the Cassava... tragically I am a little bit allergic to chillies - I can eat it in small amounts and only get a little dose of the ailment Johnny Cash once sung of... but if I overdose on it (and it's my favourite... so I tend to. allergies are for wusses!!) then it becomes vomit o clock. I over spiced at Glastonbury last year and for the next few months even biting into a bit of chilli chocolate was a vomit inducing mistake.

mmm... lovely story for the breakfast club!

Now it's all about cereal and fresh farm milk!!